Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need help with wiring Gray Ghost to Excalibur

muggsc

If anyone has done this change I could use a little enlightenment. I have new underwater GG headphones and blue headphone Excalibur.
Thanks much,
Cal

Thanks Daniel A.
I think that I have it figured out now. I just need to find some sort of connector to marry the two.
Cal

How do you do it? Care to share? Are you cutting the headphone wires and splicing?

[size=medium]the wires are the big thing, make sure you got the white and black wire,and hitch up each one of them to the right post.like the white to the left and black to the right. and test them first before closing.[/size]

Similar,
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1341012,1344093#msg-1344093

On my older Excaliburs In order to get the Ikelite connector, what I did was get a battery pod. I ordered the Grey Ghosts with the Ikelite male connector. I then took out the headphone cap on the control pod and wired up the 2 prong female connector from the battery pod so that I could use the Grey Ghost male connector. You have to notch the Ikelite connector from the battery pod to fit the control circuit board. The end caps supports the circuit board in that notch.

The Grey Ghosts have adjustable impedance so you should read the directions as to how to change impedance. I found that if the impedance is wrong, you will get a muffled weak sound. Switching wires is how it is done....it has been a while so I don't remember the details. But it is very easy to do and is mentioned in their instructions.

I recently got a new Excalibur II and got rid of the stock yellow headphones. I used the speakers and put them in a pair of Peltor Optima 98's. I now have headphones that are waterproof, removes most exterior noise and fits really comfortable. It has a richer sound to it than the old factory Koss shells. I wish I would have known about that when I did the Grey Ghosts. I like the Koss / Peltor headphones way better than any other headphones I have tried in the past.