Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

need info on 6in coil for equinox600

Oldbob67

is it worth getting i do relic hunting and coin hunting and sometimes beach hunt any info on it thanks everyone

I had it the 6” coil and it goes deep for its size.
I could smack my 8” planted clad dime With no problem.
Personally, I would never use the 6” at the beach.
Far as relic and coin hunting, if your sites are extremely trashy it will definitely come in handy.
I sold mine though and just stick with the stock 11” coil. I am extremely satisfied with the results I’m obtaining.

I have one use it in the water easier to swing or in areas that I hunt that have overhang river banks it’s a great coil.
Especially in trashy areas or very tight areas
Mark

I use the 6 inch over 50% of the time. It works great in dense target areas, and it definitely reaches deep. I would not use it for there beach, except around iron poles etc.

Love my 6" coil in trash it's a life saver.
If your in an area where you have to make really small plugs, it's the best.
It's probably the deepest 6" coil I've ever used.

Same depth as other coils ( same signal )
tighter and smaller pattern.
i actual turn down the sesivety to 10 in trashy areas.its a hot coil . IMO.

Minelab needs an 8” DD to fill a slot between 6” and 11” 😃
I like the Idea.... It would give you advantages in both directions. Killer idea for beginners and advanced. I wonder what Monte would think..? Let him know..

A 5x10 olipic DD would be better because you could cover tight spots and also cover more area faster.
i had one on my Xterra 70 and I really likes it.
Donut/Doug

Unless you are hunting areas with tons of trash you'd probably not be missing much by sticking with the stock coil. Before selling my 600 last year I only used the 6in coil, but that was because the places I hunted were so incredibly trashy. I left the 6in on the machine and ended up selling the stock coil long before I parted company with the 600/6in rig.
But I never used the 'nox and 6'er at the beach. That's what the CZ20 was made for :)
So IMHO only spend the dough on a 6in coil if your sites are so trashy you don't have a choice.
As stated in earlier posts, a 8in coil would be killer!