Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Need your 2 cents on a different coil......

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
My stock Etrac coil went bad. I have a Minelab FBS 8" that works fine, but want to replace my stock coil. What ones do you guys like?

I have a Tornado coil, which stays on most of the time, and a 6" SEL which I probably don't use as much as I should.

I never use my stock coil anymore, which is maybe bad strategy.

I vaguely remember some Elmy posts on this subject. Do a search.

Best,

I think with about most of everything we do as guys (and some of the gals) we have a tendency to upgrade when we can. Aotomotive: filters, regular interior lights to LEDS, additives, etc. Firearms: always looking for the better cartridge, right?
I added two additional after market coils to the F75. I run the SEF 12x10 primary (better pinpoint accuracy than the factory 11”) and the NEL Sharpshooter for the smaller coil. Very happy with my decisions and now contemplating a bigger coil for the big flat areas I face.
My 2 cents.

My stock Etrac coil went bad. I have a Minelab FBS 8" that works fine, but want to replace my stock coil. What ones do you guys like?
Do they make a 13 inch ultimate for the extract? I know folks love it. I bought 10x12 SEF before I read reports on the ultimate coil.
I was using the Exp II a few machines before the extraction but same software tilted sideways……ha ha ha
Tony

Do they make a 13 inch ultimate for the extract? I know folks love it. I bought 10x12 SEF before I read reports on the ultimate coil.
I was using the Exp II a few machines before the extraction but same software tilted sideways……ha ha ha
Tony
i don’t understand why spell check ate the word - ETRAC , my apologies -