Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neighborly arguements:starwars:

etracjoe

Well a guy I'm aquainted with heard I metal detect and asked me to come over to his house and help to settle the dispute he is having with his neighbor over a fence. I said sure no problem. Never say no to a opportunity cause you never know what may come out of it. So I stopped in tonight after work. He offered me a soda, and I went to work. Knowing that his property corners were probably steel rod I opened up the Etracs screen. Then I brought the sensitivity all the way down to 5 and started swinging in the area that his corner markers should be. 10 seconds later I dug out the first one. I remembered the numbers (32-4:geek: and moved on. I found all 4 within 2-3 minutes and the guy could not believe it. He said I didn't even waste a shoveful of dirt with the Etrac and pro coil's lazer like pinpointing. Not to mention that I saved him a grand that it would have cost him for a surveyor. Well his wife cooked me a mighty fine burger and they gave me the opportunity to come back and hunt the neighborhood park thats behind their fence. Its a small park that is kinda hidden and weird I will add because the is no access to it withough going through someones yard. Cool right? And yes I will detect for food. :lol: If I ever have trouble rubbing 2 zincolns together I will hold a sign that states that!!

Great story,I got the chance to locate some property stakes once.
Yes,it saves them a lot of money! and burgers are always good.

LabradorBob

What! No pictures of the stakes - or at least of the burger....come on!

Thanks for the story Joe. Now you'll be able to tell someone when your out swingin' and get a 32-40...."yeah; that's a boundary marker.

NebTrac

Great story, hope you finds some good stuff at the park. -- Randy

great story Joe!!! hope that park is an old forgotten never detected full of silver short grass shallow signal private honey hole for ya :)

Thanks to all the comments.....for some reason when I typed in the vdi numbers it came up with a smily, it was supposed to read 32-48. And I will add that all the markers read about the same.

Great story Joe, but...who won the argument? :starwars:

Bunker

Well, I would have to say that it is not a closed book yet.....although the proof is right there, it will take some time to convince this particular neighbor to actually do something about it. And as you know, this is NY so it will probably end up as a court battle or lawsuit or something.

Sweet !!! good promotional advertising. About 3 weeks a ago a friend came to my home with a very very worn out and tired bud of his asking if I could help find a cast iron pipe cap. Apparently the bud had been digging in rocks for two days with a pick with no success and was at his wits end and worn out. My metal detector was brought up by my friend and they drove for an hour to come and get me with NO NOTICE. FOR SURE I WAS IN. Within 10 minutes I found it. The bud Slobbered all over me. Only bad news is his cabin is not that old or I could hunt there to the end of times. But I put him on notice that if he ever finds a great spot to detect he will call me as payment.

Very Cool

Good work Joe

detecting for burgers...haven't heard of that one before
good luck at the little park
come back and tell us what you got please

T59