Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Neptune Carbon fibre Scoop Handle

They will fit 32mm/ 1 1/4", and 35mm/ 1 3/8". Foam filled for flotation, soft vinyl grip, orientation decal..

Call me a Fisher, but what's the price????

Whats the rated strength? I'm pretty hard on my handles and have broken more than one hi$ carbon hockey stick.

Our Neptune handles have a retail price of 130.00 and will begin shipping on February 8th

Well priced in my opinion, can we pre-order from you or do you have a list of dealers to order through.....

Cliff

Dealer network is in process Cliff hence the Feb availability. We will post here once things are firmed up...

Very fair price I would say also..What kind of weight does the average length weigh in at and what kind of guarantee.

One thing on the handle, I have a friend who made scoops, the Diablo which never made it into production. My only complaint to him about his scoops were the grips, similar to yours. You have to look at the grip (orientation mark) to adjust the position of the scoop. On a open beach this is fine but When in deep ruff waters, or murky deep water it can be time consuming and a challenge. A grip that is contoured to your hand like the old orange type you constantly feel which way it is facing. Anyone else have this issue or is it just me getting old...
As you can see from the second picture, feel is the only way one can orientate the scoop

Will this handle hold up in wet hard sand on the beach? Thanks

Yeah, I'm still waiting on a response to my strength question too. Wondering what kind of testing and break strength they are going to have. Price never bothers me; only performance.

OldBeechnut said:
Very fair price I would say also..What kind of weight does the average length weigh in at and what kind of guarantee.

One thing on the handle, I have a friend who made scoops, the Diablo which never made it into production. My only complaint to him about his scoops were the grips, similar to yours. You have to look at the grip (orientation mark) to adjust the position of the scoop. On a open beach this is fine but When in deep ruff waters, or murky deep water it can be time consuming and a challenge. A grip that is contoured to your hand like the old orange type you constantly feel which way it is facing. Anyone else have this issue or is it just me getting old...
As you can see from the second picture, feel is the only way one can orientate the scoop

Ob, you make a very good point and this was a main consideration when we were in the design stage of our handles. We are avid water hunters ourselves and are well aware of the little things that have a big impact on ease of use. After trying to find an off the shelf finger grip for our handle and finding out that minimum runs for this unpopular size were in excess of 3000 multiplied by the cost per unit, we were not content to hold thousands of dollars worth of finger grips in our inventory. On top of that there are molding/setup costs. These costs did not align with us offering a professional and affordable tool for our customers.During the testing phase i found that putting a tie wrap on the vinyl with the lock facing forward served me well for scoop mouth orientation.
The weight of our foam filled 35mm/1 3/8" handle is 1lb 8oz. It is 45" long, and like all of our other products, carries a 1 year warranty.
Regarding the question of strength, our test fleet of handles were used this past summer for well over 500 hours. My only personal complaint is the tig welds on my 14ga stainless steel scoop are starting to break...

Electrical tape holds up really well. Just need to press down the edges really hard so sand particles can't find a way in.
The trick is getting the spacing between the knobs just right for your hand placements.

pistolpete said:
OldBeechnut said:

Ob, you make a very good point and this was a main consideration when we were in the design stage of our handles. We are avid water hunters ourselves and are well aware of the little things that have a big impact on ease of use. After trying to find an off the shelf finger grip for our handle and finding out that minimum runs for this unpopular size were in excess of 3000 multiplied by the cost per unit, we were not content to hold thousands of dollars worth of finger grips in our inventory. On top of that there are molding/setup costs. These costs did not align with us offering a professional and affordable tool for our customers.During the testing phase i found that putting a tie wrap on the vinyl with the lock facing forward served me well for scoop mouth orientation.
The weight of our foam filled 35mm/1 3/8" handle is 1lb 8oz. It is 45" long, and like all of our other products, carries a 1 year warranty.
Regarding the question of strength, our test fleet of handles were used this past summer for well over 500 hours. My only personal complaint is the tig welds on my 14ga stainless steel scoop are starting to break...

Thanks Pete... I fully understand. And Thanks for offering a Quality Product. Be Safe and Post us water hunters some Treasures to look at...