Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 3030

lammi

I just put together my ctx 3030 and all went well till I by luck took off cover and found where to attach my waterproof headphones
Now not sure how to plug brass hole where headphones would go if I were not using waterproof headphones
They give u a plug for where I have headphones plugged in but what covers brass hole
I only received start up book no user manual
So I just guessed
The long screw that holds cover fits hole by sticks up and I dought it's watertight
Sorry so long
I've been coming to forum for over 12 yrs
Been detecting just over 22 yrs
Have a Excalibur and sov GT
Love both but time to go with the times
Learning curve I'm not looking forward to
But should be great detector
I hunt Daytona Beach Fl

That does not need to be covered. The brass threaded hole plays no part in keeping the unit watertight.

lammi,

If you have taken off the small black portion of the back of the casing look inside and you will see a round plastic nut: use your finger tips to pull that out and screw into brass threads...ta dah!

Des D

Thanks found that but it fits where I screwed on waterproof headphones
This is the port that holds on cover that will not go back on with headphones attached
Other poster said it will not compromise waterproof but I just don't like idea of sand or water collecting in it
Thinking of finding brass screw maybe put o ring on it just to plug hole
Thanks for ur replys
Cannot beleave on such a expensive machine they only tell u what control panel dose but not how to use them or simple programs to get u started
Been on YouTube so I have some idea but never had a digital machine
Excalibur found silver ring and ray bans yesterday also use solv GT
Not looking forward to learning curve

Set your CTX 3030 on beach mode, auto +3 , deep on, fast off, seawater on do a noise cancel and get a good scoop. I myself like ferrous coin, combined audio and set the bins up to your liking. You may also want to raise your audio for the waterproof headphones if you have hearing problems. HH :minelab::detecting: By the way the brass hole is just for attaching the cover and does not need to be plugged. Use your plug always if you are not using waterproof headphones and are where the machine may get wet. Good luck and congratulations on getting yourself a great machine. Don't worry about the learning curve. Learn the machine and you will be amazed at what it can do. I'm still learning.