Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 4 kz

Yesterday I was out with the Equanox after downloading the update running 4kz. This was a place with more trash but center of town so should be coins. Running Park 1 . It made so much noise that I turned sen.to 16. After a while I could not stand any more went to multi. I thought my head phones stopped working. Turned sen, to 24 and it ran smooth. So in my opinion Minelab got part of the update right but the 4 kz did not help me yesterday

From my understanding,lower frequency settings are more prone to disturbances from EMI and mineralization. Maybe that was your case? That’s where multi use comes in. Just like the salt beaches. You have to run multi for it to run smoother. The trade off is you won’t achieve max depth though! Unfortunately some ground conditions won’t allow 4 kHz to run smoothly. High mineralization definitely effects it.

I run in multi and only go to 4 khz when I get a high faint signs and then if I get a better signal and a TDI I’ll dig it.

Very respectfully, in the initial set up prior to hunting are you setting the noise cancel? My research reveals the higher kHz is less susceptible to [E M I ] Electro Magnetic Interference.
My preliminary conclusion on the update is: 4 kHz Added.
Enhanced stability ? ? ?
Simply, set the machine up!

My preliminary hunt has also shown 4khz to be chatty...had to turn sensitivity down to 17 or 18 whereas 5 kHz was more stable at sensitivity of 21... 5 was much more pleasurable to hunt in..

My preliminary hunt has also shown 4khz to be chatty...had to turn sensitivity down to 17 or 18 whereas 5 kHz was more stable at sensitivity of 21... 5 was much more pleasurable to hunt in..
This would corroborate my statement. The higher kHz is less susceptible to E M I. To remedy this would performing a noise cancel, and ground balance?
The advantage to this would be the benefit of the knowledge.
The noise cancel would assist a lot!
Hopefully, with the varying E M I in various locations my fellow members will do a ground balance, a noise cancel, then, determine if the kHz requires changing.

This would corroborate my statement. The higher kHz is less susceptible to E M I. To remedy this would performing a noise cancel, and ground balance?
The advantage to this would be the benefit of the knowledge.
The noise cancel would assist a lot!
Hopefully, with the varying E M I in various locations my fellow members will do a ground balance, a noise cancel, then, determine if the kHz requires changing.
yes I always noise cancel and tinker with ground balance and it didn’t change the chatty ness however I was hunting while thunder storms were off to my north and south,I doubt that had any effect but who knows..

Try leaving the gb alone at 0 .

its ideal for our iron laden lsland , it may not work on your high mineralised land but it’s worth a go .

If I do the update and do not like it is it possible to go back to the 2.0 update. ?

Yes you can roll back , go back to the update screen and depending on what platform your running, ( bottom left corner) you will see 3 dots, click it and software library is there .

I would never go back.
I think Minelab engineers are smarter than me.
The TDI seams more stable.
It May be me but my pinpointing seems to be more accurate.
i like bring able to quickly switch to 4khz when I get a faint signal with no TDI.
Doug

I would never go back.
I think Minelab engineers are smarter than me.

If they were a little bit smarter they would not be so vaque about the new update, just saying:

" In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included "

This may work for someone who uses his detector ones a month, but not for a hardcore detectorist.

Downloading a new update without knowing what exactly you are downloading looks a bit strange to me.

Andre

Last edited: