Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 900 Info.

Dan(NM)

I got the 900 and it's a step up from the 800 no doubt in several areas. The coil ears are beefed up and molded different than the 800 coil. I'm not sure how the threaded ear is going to hold up though, we'll see. The balance feels very good even when the shafts are fully extended, did not feel nose heavy to me. The arm rest is top notch, lots of adjustment and fast to readjust when needed
The lower shaft is smaller than the 800, I measured 17.5mm vs 20 mm on the Nox. The lower and middle rod when extended to the red line on the shafts is 36" There is about 4 inches past the factory red line on both the lower and middle rod, so you could extend out 3-4 more inches if you needed to. The magnet on the housing charging port has been upgraded, it has more bite on the charging cable than the 800.

Wireless, it's not standard bluetooth, I have 6 APTX Low Latency devises I used on the 800, nothing will connect. I tried the WM08 and it's a no go. I even tried to pair with my phone, it listed the headphones as Minelab ML85's,but, would not connect. I have a transmitter mounted on the bottom of the armrest, wired into the headphone jack that will allow me to use my wireless earbuds. I have another transmitter on the way for the Manticore.

The headphones paired up in a couple seconds, no waiting like the 800. They sound much better than the ML80's, very clear and crisp and very little delay in response time. I will use them when its cold outside, but I prefer earbuds otherwise.

Not much difference navigating the menu or controls, basically the same as the 800. The battery was almost dead when it arrived, so I wasn't able to play around with it much today, plus it was raining when it arrived. I have a day off Wed before the big freeze moves into Texas and will take it to an old sports field here in town and give it a test run.

Attachments

• 900-1.jpg
    900-1.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 900-2.jpg
    900-2.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 900-3.jpg
    900-3.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 900-4.jpg
    900-4.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 90-5.jpg
    90-5.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 900-6.jpg
    900-6.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 900-7.jpg
    900-7.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 900-8.jpg
    900-8.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 900-9.jpg
    900-9.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
Good luck on your maiden voyage 👍

Thanks for the information!!👍
Like you, I am wondering about that threaded ear on the coil.
How tight is the lower rod when inserted into the coils ears?

Last edited:
s for the information!!👍

Thanks for the information!!👍
It was a very tight fit, I had to put some spit on it to get it lined up enough to insert the bolt. I was a little concerned about spreading the ears that much.

Thanks Dan it seems the 6" it comes with uses the old fastner and ears have not changed..
I see Calabash has a defective 900 out of the box one of the buttons does not work correctly.
Mark

Well you can forget about mounting the 700 900 or the Manicore on a different shaft. They have completely redesigned the way the control pod mounts to a shaft. The bottom part of the pod is attached to the upper rod. I'm assuming it's epoxied. I was going to take a peek at the battery, but a completely new design and fear of voiding my warranty kept me from doing that lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20221220_055233809.jpg
    IMG_20221220_055233809.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20221220_055452080.jpg
    IMG_20221220_055452080.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20221220_055300734.jpg
    IMG_20221220_055300734.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 81
That’s what I was going to ask though the coil on the 6” uses the same plastic nut and bolt as on the 600-800
Mark
It uses the same old nut and bolt system has the 800. Here's a picture of the 6-in coil they sent with the 900

Attachments

• IMG_20221219_123520129~3.jpg
    IMG_20221219_123520129~3.jpg
    655.3 KB · Views: 86
I just ordered a 900 wondering if there are lower shafts for the 900 available

How do you like the 900, with the 6" coil?
That is a proven and great combination with the 800.
I just ordered a 900 wondering if there are lower shafts for the 900 avaiI don't know, but here's the problem the nut and bolt that they send with a 6-in coil will not work with the new shaft.

I just ordered a 900 wondering if there are lower shafts for the 900 available
That's a good question, problem is the nut and bolt they sent with the 6-in coil is not going to work on the new shaft.

You nailed it with your post...and I agree 100%. The 900 is everything the 800 should have been. Looks like Minelab definitely jumped in and addressed ALL the issues and complaints people had. I've never been more surprised from a detector...my expectations were that it wasn't going to be THAT much different physically but it is. It exceeded my expectations there for sure. I'm still on the list for an M-Core but this may actually be all that I really need.

Dan.. what is the max distance range from detector to the supplied headphones?
TIA

You nailed it with your post...and I agree 100%. The 900 is everything the 800 should have been. Looks like Minelab definitely jumped in and addressed ALL the issues and complaints people had. I've never been more surprised from a detector...my expectations were that it wasn't going to be THAT much different physically but it is. It exceeded my expectations there for sure. I'm still on the list for an M-Core but this may actually be all that I really need.
You may be right Daniel, it looks like I'm going to have plenty of time to put some hours on the new 900 before the Manticore is available. You just never know, I may end up canceling my order. But I sure do like the looks of that 2D screen :) nah, I'm not going to cancel LOL

Dan.. what is the max distance range from detector to the supplied headphones?
TIA
I don't know yet, but I'm planning to go out tomorrow. I'll give an update if I have a chance to put in a halfway decent hunt. It certainly won't be an in-depth review because that's going to take a few outings in different circumstances and a whole lot of hours.