Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New 9x5 elliptical coil???

Digger 45

Wouldn't be great if Minelab would come out with a 9x5 DD Elliptical coil for the Nox, i loved mine on my 705 and i think it would be a great coil for the Nox. What do you think? Wonder if any of the 9x5 DD coils for other Minelabs will work?

The 9x5 elips coil for the 705 is a DD. So the 11 inch on the NOX is a DD too. I’m guessing the 11” is round because of the multi frequency but like I said I am just guessing.
So actually there is no difference in the coils. Except in shape and the 9x5 is not waterproof and the 11” is.
I’m use to both coils and machines (xterra 70 for 13 years) and it just take time to get use to the NOX. The NOX IS Actually easier once you get use to it . They both are really good detectors and I think my NOX is finding more because of the multi frequency. And I only need two coils and with my 70 I had 5 coils $$$.
And the weight factor for long hours the NOX is easier on the arm and wrist.

Your Friend; Doug

I’m just guessing on the reason

The 11” coil is a good balance between being able to achieve depth, weight and a reasonable factor of maneuverability. Multi vs single freq doesn’t have anything to do with coil shape, but the coil must be SYMMETRICAL from side to side and front to rear....which means an oval shape or a round shape. It can be a hexagon, a rectangle, etc....but round and oval are the easiest to wind and to use, along with the fact they look the best that way. A coils WIDTH, in general, equates to the depth it can achieve on a coin sized target in average conditions. The smaller oval shaped coils are more about being able to get into tighter spots(corn rows for example) while the huge ovals(CTX 17x13 for example) are all about ground coverage and more solid ID on deeper targets. Coils wound to a specific frequency might be a bit(or a lot) better at that specific task, but are obviously limited to that freq and the type of target it might encounter. BBS,FBS,FBS2 and Multi-IQ are VERY good at EVERYTHING....which is what makes them so desirable to such a wide range of users.

Yes all this is true but for gold hunting a 9x5 elliptical DD coil would be great for getting into tight spots.

Thanks IDXMonster, that helped explain things a little better.
Do you know if there are any future coils common out.

Doug