Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Bandido II umax

Masking tape and a sharpie will work. As long as what you use let's the ink or whatever stick

Thanks for a great idea.

It's what I used when I modded my cibola. I used printer labels that you can print on and cut pieces and put them on each knob area and marked them.
The cibola is on the left and the little white pieces are the marks. Other pic to show the difference in the disc of the cibola and vaquero but the cibola is on the left and you can hopefully see the white pieces on the faceplate by the knobs

Just turn the k on all the way left or all the way right and put the sticky on and mark it.

Did you add ground balance to a Cibola?

Yeah. And toggle under the housing to replace the pinpoint button because the GB pot took the buttons spot so it's like a fast retune/disc toggle now

You just made it into a Vaquero

Yes and no.
If you look at the pic, the disc isn't spread the same. If you look at the yellow lines and/or the black marks on the housings the left line on each is a nickel and the right ones are a zinc.
The cibola is much more spread out in the middle.

Sweet. Great idea for me to set mine up with.

Yeah nickel comes in higher on vaq and zinc disc out lower also on the vaq

Congrats with getting one of the two recent eBay Bandido II mircomax units, I seen them and almost bid on one.

Get a small coil, Smaller coil seems right with the Bandido, the stock seems a little to big for my type of hunting.

Congratulations with getting the Bandido II micromax,
Paul

Thanks. I bid on the first one but was out bidded by $5. Got this one for under $300 with shipping. I'm told by someone at Tesoro that it's the best they ever made. They've made some good ones so we shall see. It's the one that came with the extra 5.75 coil!

I concur with Tesoro on that. Started as wanting what wasn't made anymore turned into loving it!!

What do you love the most? What does this detector do that my Vaquero won't do?

Not what it does that the vaq won't. More like how it does it.

They all find metal. That's a given.

But for coin and jewelry hunting, the way it's spread combined with the ed120 blocking most iron out at minimum makes for a great machine!!!

If relic hunting, you want the iron to be there to a point. But for coin and jewelry you don't need it and will block it out anyway.

I'm a firm believer to having right tools for what's needed. And with the higher audio frequency and the way the disc is along with the features I don't use too much, it's a great tool.

Because of the 120, it's really quiet in iron trash. It's stable as anything you could ask for, it has external user GB, well it's just great.

If your using for coins it sounds like you don't even need to move the discrimination from the lowest setting? Or do you go just below nickel?

Wow! You got a great deal! Smaller coil is a must, I'll be getting one soon.

Congratulations on the package deal!
Paul

Just dumb luck

Up to you.
But as I said above what makes it special is it's ability to separate high coinage at the high end.

You can disc out dime and still get quarters and silver. You can disc out dimes and quarters and still get silver.

So unlike others if you want to cherry pick, you have to set the machine to disc out what you don't want or just barely let in what you do and go from there.

Meaning if you want quarters and up you have to set it to accept quarters but not dimes. And so on.

Most other tesoros you can set at max and cherry pick dimes, quarters and most silver.

I can use the coil off of my Troy Shadow X2 also