Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Bandido II umax

Yes most definitely!!!
One of my favorites!!!
Troy shadow super 7.
A great coil.
Any 5 pin coil can work on it.

Pardon my ignorance, but you have used a manual GB Tesoro right?

Yep. I've had a Cibola, Vaquero, Tejon( didn't like), I currently own a Vaquero.

You'll like it and definitely can GB this one then.
Congrats again!!!

Thanks. Good night friends.

The b2 is one of my favorite detectors! Even though I grab my sabre micromax more often because It's a little more used and I can chuck it a backpack. Still they both have a unique audio quality, when it's a good target you'll hear a distinctive pop surrounding the tone. All Tesoro's have it, but on the b2 and sabre micro it's unmistakable.

Thanks a lot! Now I'm going to be wanting a Siver Sabre Umax!!! Does it ever end.

Yep

I haven't made it to that realization yet.
Yes they all find metal. All detectors do.
But maybe it's the 5% you're talking about that's why I have so many haha

How many?

Look at my signature.
And add an extra mojave too lol

Do you like the Mohave? It looks like a beginner detector to me?

fematrailer said:
Do you like the Mohave? It looks like a beginner detector to me?
I wouldn't call it a beginning detector any more than I wouldn't call the compadre one.
Less features but still a great detector.
My compadre is still at the top if my favorite detectors, even with all I have

If you were to tell me today, that I could only keep ONE of my Tesoros... Bandido II μmax would be the one.
Good thing my wife hasn't made me choose.

I bought a Troy Shadow X2 from a widow here in Louisiana for $140 and I'm really not crazy about it.

I recently traded my DFX for a Bandido II µMax with a brown doughnut and a 3X18 Cleansweep. Some folks thought I was crazy but I really don't miss the DFX. The White's is a very impressive machine but to me the sound was just busy, giving too little information with tone ID off, and too much with it on. The Tesoro is lighter, has amazing battery life, and has a nice analog tone, similar in frequency to my Treasure Baron, I'm impressed with the depth of the Cleansweep coil. Copper pennies at 6" and pull tabs considerably deeper. And man you can cover a lot of ground with it quickly. The thing runs remarkably silent in iron with either coil even when super tuned and power balanced. Better than my Treasure Baron. Not quite as deep as the TB but not bad at all. The lack of TID is getting me to dig more targets, or I can just crank up the disc and cherry pick a park real fast with the Cleansweep. It's a fun little detector that will probably be with me for a long time.

Getting mine soon

fematrailer said:
I bought a Troy Shadow X2 from a widow here in Louisiana for $140 and I'm really not crazy about it.
There's a slight chance it needs to be sent in for a checkup at Tesoro. For the price you got it plus the 59 to send it in you still got a good deal.
It being a present GB machine there's a chance it's wonky inside and someone played with the internal pots

Sent in in and it and they took care of it for me. Rusty said its in perfect condition