Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New coil for V3...

SwingBlade

Hi all....I switched screen names (I was Pancakes)... I just recently bought a new V3 and I have the following question.

I am looking to get a small coil for my V3, I am currently just using the stock coil. I tried a 5.3 concentric but it isn't V rated and was pretty unstable. So in buying a new V rated coil I am up in the air with White's V rated 5.3 concentric coil or the Excelerator II 5 in DD coil.

Does anyone have any experiences with the above mentioned coils and can you share your experiences either good or bad?

Thanks
SwingBlade

I have tried the EX 5DD, but not on the V3. The 5.3 is V rated but I don't think the EX 5DD is. That would be a factor to me.

My 5.3 V rated coil is my favorite so far due to it being so smooth and stable. Im testing my SEF for the next few weeks.

I've got a 950 and a 5.3 both due tomorrow and V rated. Now I need for some of the water we had from the 10 inches of rain to dry up.

n/t

I have the 5.3,,4x6,,6x10,,9.50, and the D-2 all V coils....
For the sites that I hunt, the 5.3 and the 4x6 coils are all that I have been hunting with...
So far I like the 5.3 a little better than the 4x6...
The other coils will have to wait their turn..

I stayed with Whites coils because I know if one is bad or goes bad, they will take care of it.
Good luck..
HH...BJ

I find the 6x10 DD separate

the 5" Excelerator D-D is 5" in diameter, or a teeny bit less. The 5.3 Eclipse has a physical diameter of 6

I never liked the S-5 coil on my Sovereign... it just looked wrong. It was like detecting with a long stick... and you know the Sovereign shaft is sort of long anyway. That and you have to swing it slow, I just couldn't like it.

I am trying to get used to the 5.3 on the V3. I am so used to DD coils that it is hard for me to get used to but I am trying. My next coil will be a 950... I saw the light yesterday.

J

I have the D2 (of course), the 5.3, and the 4x6... all V-nulled. I will be very interested in your opinions of the 950 and the 6x10 coils. Every detector i've ever used had a DD coil and I am having a little bit of a time getting used to the concentric coils. I am interested in the 950 but I wonder if I might like the 6x10 better. Most of the soil around here is red/yellow iron bearing clay, medium to medium-high mineralization unless I am hunting on a flood plane. Nevertheless, I had my arse handed to me yesterday by a super 12 on an MXT and a 950 on a V3. (I was trying some other detectors and we were comparing signals).

Anyway... I hope you will take the time to compare the coils on some targets, I guess if you have some extra lower rods it wont be too much trouble.. you know White's sells them for 10 bucks each.... :angel:

Julien

I have a Excelerator II 5 in DD coil, One month old from KellyCo, i'll sell it to you (or anyone) for half price, no scratches, excellent condition...