Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Coiltek 14x9" Coil for CTX

Bryan V

New 14x9 Coil by Coiltek for the CTX.
I was hoping for 8" And 15" round coils but this might be nice too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y1HUBPa75Ck

I hope the strain relief is stronger than the ones on the minelab coils. If it is it'll replace my 17" coil. As long as the price is not off the chart.

John

That should be a great all around coil size but will be very expensive since it is a CoilTek.

I do have to say though, that is one of the corniest product introduction videos I have ever seen.

Official release should be 28th March and although not decided for definate yet you will be looking at around £350 here in the UK, I will be getting one that's for sure.

Anyone have any idea of the weight compared to the Minelab 11" smart coil and is there any expectation on increased depth over the standard coil?

If it's deeper than the 11" and lighter than the 17" I'll take it.

Now how about a 4"x 6" Coiltek?

Has anyone heard of a field test being conducted with this new coil? Andy usually field tests items and it would be great to hear what he has to say. JodyReb...

Here is to hoping the first batch are better than the 5x10" were.... all reviews were glowing for the 5x10" but the first ones on the street were way to buoyant and leaked when going in the water. Had to send two back before I got one that wouldn't leak.....but it still floats and is harder to use in the water than the 17" coil....Have to work to hard to keep in contact with the bottom.
Interesting thing is not one of the water hunting reviewers ever mentioned the buoyancy of the coil......so beware of what is written.

Cliff

mrwilburino said:

Coiltek 14"x9"
Size: 370mm x 240mm
Weight: 985g / 34.7oz / 2.1 Lbs
On sale from 28 March 2017.

For Comparison

11" coil on the CTX 3030 is 1 lb 6.2 oz
17" coil for the CTX 3030 weighs 31.8 oz / 1 lb 15.8 oz.

Don in South Jersey said:
mrwilburino said:

Coiltek 14"x9"

For Comparison

Wow, it actually weighs more than the 17"? That's a negative. Actual field tests will be key for me to even think about getting one.

ML said:
mrwilburino said:

Coiltek 14"x9"

For Comparison

Wow, it actually weighs more than the 17"? That's a negative. Actual field tests will be key for me to even think about getting one.

This doesn't surprise me. I have the second version of the Coiltek 5 x 10 and ,weighing the coil and cord, it is slightly heavier that the stock 11" which I did not expect when I got it. I have not tried to see if it floats or not. Fortunately it retains the good balance of the CTX or it would seem too light in the nose. I wonder if the weight given for your 17" includes the cord.

sprchng said:
ML said:
mrwilburino said:

Coiltek 14"x9"
On sale from 28 March 2017." Coil with the cord weighs
2lbs
For Comparison

This doesn't surprise me. I have the second version of the Coiltek 5 x 10 and ,weighing the coil and cord, it is slightly heavier that the stock 11" which I did not expect when I got it. I have not tried to see if it floats or not. Fortunately it retains the good balance of the CTX or it would seem too light in the nose. I wonder if the weight given for your 17" includes the cord.

My 17" coil with the cord weighs 2 lbs. .6 ounces so 32.6 oz

I had the opportunity to spend some time with Trevor at the Minelab conference in Las Vegas last month and we talked about Coiltek and its products. They just moved to a new facility quite close to the new combined Minelab / Codan factory in Adelaide. They have made coils for Minelab detectors for almost as long as Minelab has been in business and they have some great ideas that will be coming to the market. The new CTX coil is one of the new products.

The weather here in Michigan has been a challenge to get out and do some serious testing / hunting but it looks like we are getting warmer weather so I will be out with it and can report what I see with it in the field. We are heading to Gettysburg, PA for a Bootcamp in a few weeks and will be taking a side trip to the Culpepper region to test it in some harsh ground - Trevor reported that performance in these conditions was exceptional.

If anyone has some requests to test out things such as separation, depth differences, etc, let me know and I will factor that into the testing we will be doing

Andy Sabisch

Yes Andy I would like to see detailed depth tests on a dime and nickel in bad ground between the new coil and the Stock 11" and 17x13 Coil.
Audio and visual ID differences as well as depth meter accuracy.

Thanks,
Bryan

Andy, post a picture of it in your bathtub, I'd like to see if it sinks or floats.

Cliff

Bryan V said:
Yes Andy I would like to see detailed depth tests on a dime and nickel in bad ground between the new coil and the Stock 11" and 17x13 Coil.
Audio and visual ID differences as well as depth meter accuracy.

Thanks,
Bryan

Ditto here, that would be a great test to see. I own the stock coil & the 17" so this test will tell me if I am justified in adding this coil in my arsenal.
Thank You

I don't know what actual selling price will be, but its gonna have to drop a good bit to match actual selling price on the 17s.