Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New CTX owner questions: What probe do you use? What water scoop do you recommend?

filo

Hey everyone,

I'm a longtime E-Trac user who just bought a CTX 3030. Now that I can't use the sunray inline probe, I'm wondering what probe people recommend? Also, I'm looking into getting a water scoop too. Is there one that's preferred? I know some people make their own. Lastly, are there any other accessories I should be looking at right now?

Thanks very much!

Garret Pro pinpointer hands down. I just purchased the T-Rex scoop, it is quite expensive but is is stainless steel and very high quality, it also can grab a huge amount of sand with one scoop.

I use the Uni Probe that is made into the headphones. The probe has the best depth out there and the headphones are very high quality and comfortable. The only thing I miss is this probe is all metal where as the Sun Rays I am able to use it in disc if I wanted too.

Rick

I've use a sunspot scoop and been very pleased with the durability
have the minlab pinpointer but do miss the sunray inline probe

Rick

I'm using the Garrett Pro-Pointer. Only reason, I the Garrett pin-pointer before the Minelab pin-pointer was out. I liked the Sun-Ray in-line pin-pointer and used one for 10 years or so, but have gotten used to the Garrett. Before the SunRay pin-pointer came out I used one similar to the Garrett, so it wasn't a big deal getting used to the Garrett..........Can't help with a water scoop.HH.

I'm loving the pro find 25

I use the Garrett, never used anything else and am very happy with it. As for scoops, I had an Excalibur and when I used it in saltwater I used a heavy Stainless scoop with a heavy handle. That works well in wave action, easier to place and spot, but heavy as heck to lift. On the dry beach, no rocks to deal with, I used a light aluminum scoop, smaller also. Lot easier to hunt with at my age.

Garrett Pro-Pointer, only one I have used but have not "wished" it did this or that or was different in any way. No scoop for me as I have yet to hunt beaches, not too much of that here with out driving for a few hours, which as a retiree I just don't have the time to do.... (still trying to figure that out!)