Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new ctx

teleman2525

I took the leap and got a ctx 3030 just put it together today.i,ve been playing a bit to learn my way around the menu,s found most my info here and on the internet as the owerners manual that came with it don,t cover much.warm days are still aways off here in northern Vermont so lots of time to learn at least afew things

Welcome aboard! You won't find a more knowledgeable and helpful group of folks out there when it comes to the CTX..Don't forget to use the search function since there is a good chance most questions about the detector have already been asked.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy it and can be of help here on the forum as you discover and learn this technology. Hopefully you share what you find with us too. :)

Congratulations! I was in exactly the same situation this time last year.....a brand new CTX with cold and lots of snow on the ground..! The first time I read the manual, I felt overwhelmed but believe me.....it is a very easy machine to learn and you will be swinging in no time. Use the stock patterns in the beginning and then, after you learn the machine, begin experimenting with your own patterns and audio modes. As time went on, I began to feel more comfortable with a more open search pattern so I downloaded Gonehuntings Modes in the resource forum (red banner at the top).
Good Luck
Chuck

Congratulations you are opening a door to fantastic possibilities. Be sure to install the Exchange 2 software and hook you CTX up to the computer to make sure it has all the updates to the system. Lots of good info here and many helpful people to help you implement what you learn.

Congratulations! It's a lot of fun.....great detector. It's a Minelab, so the learning curve is there, lol.....but powerful as heck.

Happy Hunting,

- Mark

Congratulations! I should be ordering mine in the next few days. A great bunch of people here on the forums to help get you going, I'll be needing the same help from time to time but I remember my first Etrac and all the help I got with it. :detecting:

im not new to minelab have an explorer se pro great detector.the ctx is a great step up and water proff love hunting local lakes for gold rings have a garrett at pro I,ve been using for that nice detector but not a minelab

I agree, I been using my old back up coinstrike since I sold my last etrac. I miss the etrac but looking forward to the ctx.

if you're new to the CTX you could try out those new search modes that Harry has pinned at the top.

Welcome! That cold and snow is in one way a blessing for you. It will give you a few weeks of time to actually learn, by rote, all the functions, the different tones, levels, discrimination, GPS functions, Xchange 2 abilities, the different buttons, etc.. If you are like most of us, we want to turn it on and go find old silver, gold or unique antiques. Well, in my own situation it took me about 2 months of hunting to stop and then try to actually read and learn what I was supposed to be doing. Yeah, I found a lot of stuff but in retrospect it would have been a bit more if I had actually learned what the functions actually meant.

I suggest an air test bed if no ground is available. Set up the stock patterns and learn the different tones, then do the download programs to see what difference they make. And most of all READ ALL OF 'DIGGER'S' POSTS, he know his stuff!!!!

teleman2525 said:
........................"the owerners manual that came with it don,t cover much."

I don't remember if the actual 67 page Instruction Manual came with the detector or not. If not, you can go to the Minelab website and download the instruction Manual. It provides the basic info. on the CTX, but as already mentioned, there are a lot of people on this site that can help out with questions not answered in the manual............