Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Deus

Albert

Well I got out with the Deus yesterday and it seems like it’s going to take me a while to learn it’s language. I did find 22 cents so I guess that’s not bad for the first time out. What I didn’t like was that using the ws5 headphones made the tones sound muffled as compared to no headphones. It also seemed like the higher I set the volume the crispier the tones would be on the targets which I like but not so high a volume . I was using the basic program all stock except I changed the tones to 5 instead of 3 . My Deus came with v4 , should I update it to 4.1? Anyways too many questions as of now but I’m sure the answers will come as I get more in tune with the mighty Deus. Love the wireless and the weight

There are a lot of long time Deus users in this forum that can help you get started.

I got my Deus three years ago - ran in Basic 1 for the first 10 to 15 hrs. - just so I could get a feel for the machine - made some nice finds.

As far as Tones go - many people (including myself) run in Full Tones almost all the time - I really like the way it sounds - it's really up to the individual .

Most users seem to really like the WS 5 headphones - but I agree with you - to me they had a very muffled sound to them - didn't like them at all - sold them right away.

Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 - I'm pretty sure most people are going to tell you yes - but I'm not the best person to ask - I'm still using 3.2 !

Good luck with your new Deus & Good Hunting !

Thanks E-Trac-Ohio . I'll have to put more time into learning the Deus. The basic 1 program is what I use and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm also using the fx-02 wired headphones . They sound really good and the tones are very distinguishable. Like I said, it was hard to tell apart the tones on the ws5 headphones. I wonder if there are any wireless headphones that would sound as good or better than the wired fx-02. Being wireless is the way to go. Thanks again. HH. Al

Strange i love the WS5 head phones, i use the Sifter program most of the time on Full tones, after a while you will be able to tell what the signals are. I believe the Deus has the sharpest sound of any detector i have owned.

The WS4's are really nice and crisp just like the internal speaker on the controller. However...after a while they hurt my ears by the way they hang on them. The hockey puck WS4 can be used on a number of different headphones like the Grey Ghosts...Deteknix...and a few others which are wireless. They work well but have that same "muffled effect" as the WS5's in my opinion. I have a very cheap set of $5 headphones that I wired the WS4 hockey puck with and they work and sound very well...no muffled effect...nice and crisp just like the sounds given on the Deus controller. I am happy with them! They are small and lightweight. The sounds definitely are important with the Deus.

Charles

I just use the Deus fx-02 wired headphones. They sound good and crisp for being so small and light weight. Just not wireless, which I'm looking for. . I tried the tdk wireless headphones but there's a lag and they don't sound crisp. I guess I can put the remote in my shirt pocket wired to the fx's that way the wire won't be in the way when i swing the coil. Thanks guys.

Digger 45 said:
Strange i love the WS5 head phones, i use the Sifter program most of the time on Full tones, after a while you will be able to tell what the signals are. I believe the Deus has the sharpest sound of any detector i have owned.

I agree my WS5s do not have a muffled sound at all nice and crisp sound just as good as the speaker or the WS4,s