Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New E 600

dan h

Received new Equinox 600 yesterday evening so had time to assemble it and charge it. First session will be Sunday morning. Seems well built and no wobble. 11" coils tucks under when I put detector on floor. Maybe needs a coil stabilizer or I am just not tightening it enough. Bubbles hard to remove from screen protector. Maybe I can peel it off and try again. In the past I had a Safari and Etrac. Will be interesting to try Multi IQ!

That screen protector is a factory thing. It gets replaced with the one in English, there should be a small packet of them in many different languages to choose from. You may need to tighten coil bolt a bit more. Mine doesn't flop and It's not really tight. You did put the rubber grommets into the coil first. Enjoy it's a beast of a machine.

I did use the English one and the instructions mentioned using a soft cloth to work out the bubbles. But, some bubbles remain. If I peel off the protector and try again, will all the adhesive come with the protector?

My 800 had some bubbles under the screen protector but they have since gone away. Nice and clear now. My coil is nice and snug. does not move around. Just tighten it a bit. You will be fine.

Dan maybe lightly with a hair dryer on low heat the screen protector a little or get it out in the warm sun for a while and try to push out any remaining bubbles. I think I did hvave to remove mine after first placing it to realign it better and it seems to be good to go before I ever used the detector when I was assembling it.

I pried up a corner of my protector and sprayed windex. It then can be manipulated. Iso-alcohol might work better.

dan h said:
Received new Equinox 600 yesterday evening so had time to assemble it and charge it. First session will be Sunday morning. Seems well built and no wobble. 11" coils tucks under when I put detector on floor. Maybe needs a coil stabilizer or I am just not tightening it enough. Bubbles hard to remove from screen protector. Maybe I can peel it off and try again. In the past I had a Safari and Etrac. Will be interesting to try Multi IQ!
Yes, placing a screen protector over the screen takes a little time and care, just like installing a screen protector on a cellphone. After wiping the screen to remove fingerprints and other stuff on it, you have to place the edge of the plastic film perfectly aligned with one end of the screen while keeping the rest of the film lifted and away from the screen. At this pointy you can use a fat marker or pen (or the soft cloth) to slowly roll the film starting at the end that is already attached to the screen, while maintaining the other end of the film lifted. You just roll the screen protector on the screen a little at a time. But if you let go of the protector, it just falls flat on the screen leaving air bubbles. If you have shaky hands, which is very common, then let your teenage kid take care of it for you, specially if the kid uses cellphones or tablets (kids are good at this kind of stuff). :) Otherwise do it this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF7Itroutfs

On my E800, I aligned the lower edge first, to make sure that the markings corresponded with the detector's settings. Work the air bubbles out with the soft cloth, from the middle toward the edges. You can very well use the lens cloth provided to attach the protector in place. Just wrap a portion of the cloth around your index finger, and run the finger from one end of the protector to the other end a little at a time while holding the other end of the protector lifted.