Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW E-Trac Owner Willing to pay for TRAINING - ATLANTA AREA

doberman

Got an E-Trac last week (have been metal detecting on and off for 35 years or so) have been out hunting for 15-20 hours and have been doing a lot of reading on the E-Trac. Starting to get used to the tones the controls and etc. When I get a bunch of hits very close together I am getting confused as to when to dig the signals. The Fe Co jumps all over the place and I dig a bunch of junk - not sure if I'm getting the E-Trac set up properly (just figured out it works a lot better if the sensitivity is set to Auto, at least for me). I am using it mostly to coinshoot parks, old houses etc. Would like to find someone in the Atlanta area that know the E-Trac pretty well and can help me out. Willing to pay - I live in woodstock.

Thanks a bunch

Dan

please PM or email if you can help me out - dan.boardman at shreditfast.com

Don't want to get paid but I live above Augusta Ga. run an E Trac and we ought to meet half way and hunt. Maybe I can help you over that hump. I'm on the downside hill of it and this dog will hunt.

i did the same thing (offered $$ for training) and tonyc helped me immensely for no pay - i even found a canadian 1880 dime - in perfect condition...
an experienced E-Trac user will make your learning curve so much better.
enjoy

doberman said:
When I get a bunch of hits very close together I am getting confused as to when to dig the signals.

Dan, I don't live close by but maybe this will help you out some. I hunted with Whites and Fisher detectors years ago. After I bought my E-trac I also was confused by all the different signals. By slowing the coil sweep speed way down, I was able to isolate each signal. That made it much easier to decide what to dig. Best of luck to you.

n/t

If anyone EVER needs help I am more than willing to help as much as I can with Minelabs, I live in Ohio and willing to help out in person or I am a phone call away... of course I would not charge anything, I would gladly help a fellow hunter with his machine, anyone is welcome to PM or e-mail me anytime and I can be reached at (740) 415-6537