Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New E-Trac

DukeOBass

I hope we get an E-trac II soon! It needs a faster processor, better screen - easier to see and scratch proof gorilla class, fast charging lithium battery, in-line probe, truly wireless bluetooth coils and headphones (no cheesy plug in box with a 6 month warranty) to cut down on the weight and the ability to assign tone bins (the only thing I'd port over from the CTX) and keep it in the same package. Don't change the machine frame design. Now that would be an awesome machine! They'd sell a ton of them!

They could redo battery area and remove half the weight .......... Just imagine a small square battery box with ridges for a stand up off the ground...
and if they went down to 4 batteries wow even better..

Well, I just bought an E Trac, so now is about the time for a newer version to come out....

E.Trac 11 , with any luck it will be out in the next year or two . Or maybe this weekend ? There are a lot of Go Minelabbing events going on here and there ( 3 or more in UK) with Minelab people going to them , are they going to release something or is it to do with that Army PI thing they are coming out with ?

Hard to see the business logic of competing with yourself when you already lead the pack. The Safari filled the gap for those who didn't want the computerization of the e-trac and replaced the Explorer but there's little to be gained by creating an e-trac II when all it would be competing with is the CTX. If you want a waterproof Minelab you're going to pay for it

E-trac II ?---don't hold your breath :)

Just like updates for the CTX, don't hold our collective breathes.

I say if you want a waterproof buy an Excalibur. If you a great land detector, buy an Etrac. Save some money.

sprchng said:
Hard to see the business logic of competing with yourself when you already lead the pack. The Safari filled the gap for those who didn't want the computerization of the e-trac and replaced the Explorer but there's little to be gained by creating an e-trac II when all it would be competing with is the CTX. If you want a waterproof Minelab you're going to pay for it

Yeah i agree, don't hold your breath.
But the the current eTRAC does need to be retired and upgraded to a newer model. The 3030 IMO is not a market logical replacement for the eTRAC.

Waterproof, gps and fbs2 is not what most of us want in a futuristic eTRACII according to another thread on this topic. That would be a 3030 with its sticker shock price tag.
Don't need waterproofing, don't need gps and don't want fbs2 as current eTRAC 3rd party coils wouldn't be compatible with fbs2.

Minelab need not compete with itself but open up a whole new market for people who want an upgrade but don't need the features of and/or or can't afford a 3030.
If the eTRACII had the following enhancements with possibly a small price increase, i'd spring for one in a heartbeat. A 3030 not so much.

My top upgrades which shouldn't substantially increase the cost of an eTRACII:
-High contrast non-glare preferably color display but i'll take a new high contrast non-glare black 'n white if it'll keep the price down
-Ability to assign custom tones to different areas of the display
-Upgradeable firmware via USB port
-Keep fbs1 to keep cost down and compatibility with current 3rd party eTRAC coils
-Ability to control sensitivity settings while in QuickMask
-Upgraded uProccessor/DSP chip
-'Option' for wireless headphones. The option would keep the price down for those who don't want wireless.
-Menu 'option' to either mute or put the detector in sleep mode when its laying horizontal during a heated dig. Would resume to normal automatically when the detector is in vertical sweep mode. Other than display glare, the detector sounding off while digging is extremely annoying especially for those of us who use hi sens. settings. Would save battery life too.
-keep the same form factor but upgrade that cheezy arm cuff. Seen better arm cuffs on detectors half the price.

I think the V shaped arm cuff is one of the best features of the Etrac. It keeps the forearm and wrist stable.

The E-Trac is a fantastic machine just the way it is ... but it sure would be nice if ....

(1) - Auto Sens + 5
(2) - Better target ID on Nickels and Gold
(3) - Anti-glare screen
(4) - Digital depth meter
(5) - Weighed less - as already posted above - (4) high performance batteries would really help reduce weight !

if i could ask for one thing only, it would be to incorporate this switch onto the etrac:

sprchng said:

Ha! Ha!..............You're right!.......Ain't gonna happen !!!!!!!!!

Personally I am satisfied with it just the way it is.

Sure all those suggestions may have their place but the Etrac kicks butt just the way it is!