Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Equinox update?

chuckciao

There was talk by Detectival Participants in the UK that Minelab officials spoke about a new update for the Equinox due out next week! Has anyone heard about this?

Yes, I have seen it alluded to; there's some chatter on some of the other forums about it. Looks like possibly, maybe some improved performance in iron ID, and better control of the backlight brightness adjustment on the 600?

Steve

And it coincides with the release of the new iphone. Quite a coincidence, or is it....:look:

I heard on good authority that the new update completely eliminates pull tabs and bottle caps from your finds!
Mark

Mkus said:
I heard on good authority that the new update completely eliminates pull tabs and bottle caps from your finds!
Mark
I’d be surprised and happy on that one .
I pulled 15 plus rusty bottle caps yesterday and screw on caps yesterday.
I just don’t see that happening,
I hope you are right.
Doug

If this happens will Minelab notify those registered with them .
I wonder if they have the ability to do that.
I know it will be on here if it becomes available.

A lot of detectors can knock out the rusty bottle caps. You can knock out the tabs but you also lose gold and nickles.

I knot that’s is why I was wondering how it was gonna do that.

Mkus, I hope they give you a choice of those knock outs.

I don’t want to miss small jewerly items.

I guess it is wait and see.

Tony NJ

Mkus said:
Mark
A lot of detectors can knock out the rusty bottle caps. You can knock out the tabs but you also lose gold and nickles.[/quote]

So how are they doing that. When I go threw all the Detector modes there are none of them that have anything blocked in those ranges.
All the discriminations are active. Or am I missing something. Or is it in the internal program and will it be threw all detector modes.

Doug

Every detector that I have used had a discrimination knob or button that you could adjust to knock out certain targets. I wouldn't want to use a detector that I couldn't knock out tabs to use for cherry picking coins in very trashy sport fields.

:rage: :clapping:

I’ll say it again.....after testing over 150 pieces of gold.....3 came in as a nickel which most dig, but 6 were tabs and 6 were bottle cap digits. When it comes to deep targets ....bottles caps and pull tabs WILL be dug regardless of machine.

Of course you guys know that’s a joke..:rofl:
Mark

Sent a message to Minelab on their Facebook page; got this back..."Thank for getting in contact. We do not have any new information to share about the Minelab EQUINOX. You can find the latest download information here: https://www.minelab.com/metal-detectors/equinox-800"