Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Equinox update?

Duping people here as a joke should be treated seriously.
We are not here for practical jokes.

Forgive me for being a skeptic but as a CTX user from it’s inception in 2012, I saw one significant update (Pinpoint Lock & Saltwater), and nothing afterwards, in spite of thousands of user suggestions for future updates! It’s clear that their priorities were on the very successful Equinox and now, the future rollout of the Vanquish! So, to state an old adage, be optimistic but don’t hold your breath!

Donut said:
Duping people here as a joke should be treated seriously.
We are not here for practical jokes.
Lol sorry but everyone knows it’s not possible I highly doubt I duped anyone...
Mark

I received an update in my email this morning. The new update is 2.0.

Software upgrade 2.0.
Get more from your EQUINOX.

At Minelab, we get your passion. And like you, we never leave any stone unturned. It’s that same grit and determination that drives us to make every product and every innovation just that much better.

What is new?

Difficult ferrous targets — the common enemy for all detectorists. That is until EQUINOX. Hit the download on our EQUINOX update to make those pesky bottle caps, rusty nails and other falsing targets a thing of the past. Fire up the Minelab Update Utility and you’re on your way. It’s simple. You’ll experience the enhanced Iron Bias feature, improved EQUINOX 600 backlight and much more.

Improved Iron Bias

Iron Bias has been enhanced with the addition of a new Iron Bias settings profile. The original EQUINOX Iron Bias 'FE' settings will still be available, but there is now the option to switch to the new Iron Bias 'F2' settings, which have an improved capability to reject a much wider range of difficult iron targets, including bottle caps.

EQUINOX 600 Backlight Brightness

The EQUINOX 600 now has the ability to adjust the backlight brightness to an additional 'Low' setting that matches the minimum setting on the EQUINOX 800. This 'Low' brightness is ideal for detecting at night and in low light conditions.

Dwayne2010 said:
I received an update in my email this morning. The new update is 2.0.

Software upgrade 2.0.
Get more from your EQUINOX.

At Minelab, we get your passion. And like you, we never leave any stone unturned. It’s that same grit and determination that drives us to make every product and every innovation just that much better.

What is new?

Difficult ferrous targets — the common enemy for all detectorists. That is until EQUINOX. Hit the download on our EQUINOX update to make those pesky bottle caps, rusty nails and other falsing targets a thing of the past. Fire up the Minelab Update Utility and you’re on your way. It’s simple. You’ll experience the enhanced Iron Bias feature, improved EQUINOX 600 backlight and much more.

Besides the Iron Bias and Backlight settings, what is meant by MUCH MORE?

Improved Iron Bias

Iron Bias has been enhanced with the addition of a new Iron Bias settings profile. The original EQUINOX Iron Bias 'FE' settings will still be available, but there is now the option to switch to the new Iron Bias 'F2' settings, which have an improved capability to reject a much wider range of difficult iron targets, including bottle caps.

EQUINOX 600 Backlight Brightness

The EQUINOX 600 now has the ability to adjust the backlight brightness to an additional 'Low' setting that matches the minimum setting on the EQUINOX 800. This 'Low' brightness is ideal for detecting at night and in low light conditions.

well, I have attempted to download the new update, but its not connecting my detector. Not sure what to do. I have followed the instructions

done and here is a link to the utility. https://www.minelab.com/usa/equinox-software-update-2-0

Dwayne2010 said:
well, I have attempted to download the new update, but its not connecting my detector. Not sure what to do. I have followed the instructions

Dwayne2010, You might need to download the newest uploader (2.0.1). The same thing happened to me last night when I tried to user the Updater 2.0).

chuckciao said:
Dwayne2010 said:

Dwayne2010, You might need to download the newest uploader (2.0.1). The same thing happened to me last night when I tried to user the Updater 2.0).

Dwayne, It is technically called the Update Utility (2.0.1)!