Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Equinox upgrade

Dew is correct. The charging cable (the 800 came with two) is the cable to use for the upgrade. Windows 10 worked smoothly for the upgrade.

Upgraded a 600 and 800 using Windows 10, thankfully went fast and worked flawlessly. Can't wait to get out and see what is different.

I want to upgrade my 800 and I only have the Window 7 and seen where this wont work, but tried it anyway and sure enough it don't recognize the detector. I tried a few things and no go and wonder if I have to go and download windows 10 in order to upgrade my 800 or has someone come up with a way with the Window 7.

Thanks
Rick

Rick(ND) said:
I want to upgrade my 800 and I only have the Window 7 and seen where this wont work, but tried it anyway and sure enough it don't recognize the detector. I tried a few things and no go and wonder if I have to go and download windows 10 in order to upgrade my 800 or has someone come up with a way with the Window 7.

Thanks
Rick

No, on Windows 7 run the MUU AP in Windows XP Compatibility Mode (use the Windows XP Svc Pack 3 option).

Rick(ND) said:

Thanks
Rick

Right click on the .exe file in the directory to which it downloaded, and select "Analyze compatibility" (or something like that). It will select Windows XP mode. Let it run the app with what it selected, and it will work.

Been trying everything, or I thought and seen where I went into the actual program I downloaded from the Minelab site and there I was able to get the XP. It didnt take the first time and said there was a problem, so I tried it again with the coil more in the air so it wasnt chattering indoors and took it right away. Thanks to all that gave me tip to do it and now have a upgraded 800 ready to hunt.

Rick

Was able to download the update on my 600, no problems took only a few minutes. Now out to the field to try it out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!