Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New F75 hope I got a bad one

foreign object

Because if I didn't ,well you know.

Arrived this am and was anxious to try her out.

Got it put together scanned the manual.
Turned her on a dang at the noise. I was inside the shop where I have spent a lot of time playing and doing limited air test. Man it was going crazy so I steped outside and it was just as bad.
Walked out to the test garden and started messing with different sen.and disc setting. After I got disc.to 55 and sen.to about 40 it started to get a little better but stil no way to hunt with it.
Hold it up in the air and still nothing but noise.

Finally got it GB and it came in at 51.

Checked to make sure it was set to 90 and not 91.

Went to the shop and got the CTX , Nokta and 705 and maxed them out. All ran quite except the 705 would give an occasional chirp.

Loaded the 75 up and went to the back 40 to a spot that is 800 yards from the closes power lines. Cell phone won't work there either.
Not as bad but stil could not hunt with it.

Now ever now and then for maybe 10 sec. It settles down but then it goes right back to solid noise.
Switched on FA and it remind me of the old tube radios when there was no signal. Solid static.

Any suggestions ?

FO

Something is broken.

Where did you get the detector?

What coil are you using

Have you got another coil to try?

You experience is so far out of the range of what others are reporting that I think you should contact Fisher monday.

Meanwhile if anybody thinks that this is normal for a new F-75 - they are wrong.

Hope your situation is resolved your satisfaction

Good Luck.- keep us posted, preferably with full details. That's how we learn.

Mine is an upgrade. When mine came back in the house it was terrible. Still is. Frequency shift F3 was the best. I can get by testing in the basement or garage but some static. I can't remember turning it on indoors before the upgrade.
Default GB is 90 and very noisy. If lots of EMI you can't adjust ground balance.
Out in the parks where it counts it works perfectly.
Hope you can figure it out.

Almost no detector worth having will work at anyway near full power around 60 hz ac, dimmer switches, flourescent lights, etc. just a fact of life. If I read your post correctly, you hadn't tried it in the house or garage before the upgrade. Not criticizing, just trying to see if we can put all this in context.

Younhave what is likelupymthe most powerful VLF detector made today, it had been "whipped into shape" somthat it can be use dat full power in normal environments. In a house or garage isn,t a normal environment.

Hope some of this helps you sort out where you are withnthis.

Regards

lytle78 said:
Almost no detector worth having will work at anyway near full power around 60 hz ac, dimmer switches, flourescent lights, etc. just a fact of life. If I read your post correctly, you hadn't tried it in the house or garage before the upgrade. Not criticizing, just trying to see if we can put all this in context.

Younhave what is likelupymthe most powerful VLF detector made today, it had been "whipped into shape" somthat it can be use dat full power in normal environments. In a house or garage isn,t a normal environment.

Hope some of this helps you sort out where you are withnthis.

Regards

How's the eggnog lytle?

Check the coil cable connection, or as already said try another coil. Check your batteries to make sure they have a good charge and are installed correctly. Do a factory reset, I bought mine new and when it came in it had settings that were not factory. My guess is the dealer had it out showing it, but no big deal a factory reset took care of it.

But it doesn't sound very good.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

So, what is the update? I would take it outside the house (even though I dont think that is the problem) check the coil connection to make sure no bent pins, fresh NEW alkaline batteries, set it to de, disc at about 25, and sense at about 80, 4H tones, and ck it out. If squaky then change coils. Mine is so darned quiet I have to ck it several times. I first turned mine on in my 'man cave' with computer, flourescent lights, tv, wireless router, wireless speakers for tv, cell phone, and it was stone cold quiet til sense at almost 90. Now bp was a bit squawkier with sense at 70.

If it is still really noisy, and you have any dealers nearby, I would take it there and have them do a quick check.

Appreciate the replies and sugestions guys.

Tried a different coil and did a noise cancel numerous times.
Did a factory reset as that occurs when you change it from 90 to 91.
Changed batteries check cables and any thing else I could think of.

Took it out this am and tried it for a while. At times it was not to bad but I would not want to try and hunt with it. At other times it just completely unhuntable.
Tried to use FA again and man that is a was of effort. Pure static.

If you guys read my op you will see that I tried it outside and away from everything.

Seems it is time to call the factory, and get it sent back.

Ron in WV

Sort of scratching my head. In my last post I stated that sometimes when I turn it on it was not as bad as other times.

Between doing other things around the house I would mess with it some. Each time it seemed to do better.
Right before supper when out to the shop and turned it on and it was really quiet so walk out side and turned the.sen.up to 90 and disc.down to 6. Other than occasional chirp it was stable.Started working the yard and wife rang the supper bell.

After supper when back to shop and turned it on again and away she went again but not as bad as before.Curse words followed.
Walk out side and no change.Turned it off and back on and silence. Adjusted disc. To 0 and sen. To 90 and all was good except for minor chirping which should be expected. Worked the yard again for a while and ever now and then it would lose stability but not bad and then it would smooth out.

We will see what tomorrow brings.

By the way I bought it from Ed at Treasure Mountain Detectors. He called Felix at FT and give him a heads up and my phone number.Felix said he would call me on Monday.

I have dealt with Ed before and he is top notch and always ready to help.

FO

No eggnog yet! I write these posts with an iPad and the tiny text in the reply box is too small for my 68 year old eyes to see! Need a trip to Dollar Tree for some stronger $1 reading glasses.