Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New invention idea

usafaviator

I swapped my E Trac with my buds V3 w the Sun Ray probe this wekend for a couple of hours. I use a Pro Pointer and had never used a probe until now. I have to say I do like the Sun Ray, but I fell into the group of people that constantly forgot to flip the switch when I was done pinpointing and started swinging again. And, I went for 5-10 feet in pretty trashy ground with no signal each time before I realized it. An idea for Sun Ray:

Add an interia type of sensor in the probe box, much like the sensors used in aviation insturments. The basic sensors are fairly inexpensive and (if mounted to read horizontal movement) would be activated if the switch is flipped to the probe and the box detects horizontal movement (swinging the detector). Once the sensor determines horizontal movement with the Sun Ray in probe mode, it could give an audible tone in the headset (or blinking light on the Sun Ray box). Just an idea to make the probes even better.

I have and idea too, MAKE one for the Thousands of TESORO users out their and make some money??

Mike

:laugh: We all ( SunRay users) have forgot to flip the switch back but after you have done that a few times, you will soon start remembering to flip the switch back. I got in the habit to flip the switch when I put the probe back into the clip, it just becomes automatic after a while.

weve all done that very thing dont get discouraged it happens over time you will learn to flip it back automaticly have fun and have a good day:clapping: