Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New multi frequency machine

According to Dilek, when the machine is introduced, there will be the main coil (?) and a second coil, a 6 inch coil. Then she fudged on that by saying maybe the 6 inch coil might not be ready at intro time, but it is coming. It will have a backlight, will be updateable using both Windows and Mac. The headphones will be bluetooth so other headphones used now by N-M won't work on the machine which will have bluetooth built in. It will be waterproof to 10 feet. The final price hasn't been set as of now but she added that it will be competitive with, but it will have many more features than the Nox. She called it a good difference in price. The case for the hardware will be an updated copy of the Simplex detector.
Her final answer to a question was , we are working on a PI machine.

According to Dilek, when the machine is introduced, there will be the main coil (?) and a second coil, a 6 inch coil. Then she fudged on that by saying maybe the 6 inch coil might not be ready at intro time, but it is coming. It will have a backlight, will be updateable using both Windows and Mac. The headphones will be bluetooth so other headphones used now by N-M won't work on the machine which will have bluetooth built in. It will be waterproof to 10 feet. The final price hasn't been set as of now but she added that it will be competitive with, but it will have many more features than the Nox. She called it a good difference in price. The case for the hardware will be an updated copy of the Simplex detector.
Her final answer to a question was , we are working on a PI machine.
Don't like the part about existing headphones won't work. Bluetooth headphones won't work in 4 feet of water. They have to have a way to detect in a lake, if not I'll use my simplex and Equinox for lake detecting. I do about 50% of my detecting in a lake or stream. Looks like I'll pass on the new machine. Was looking forward to it but that's life.

I may need to correct the info about the wireless headphones I believe that wireless phones from other N-M machines won't work with the bluetooth system on the new machine.

Last edited:
I may need to correct the info about the wireless headphones I believe that wireless phones from other N-M machines won't work with the bluetooth system on the new machine.
Hope Makro will have wired waterproof headphones or for me it's a no go. Thanks for the update though.

I would guess that they'll have both the wireless headphones specific for this machine and the waterproof wired ones for it. I for one will be getting one regardless. If it's as good as the nox and for about or around the same price, than it should be good. Hope they have it out before summer is over.

In the water hunting is conducive to smaller coils more so than wide open beach areas are. For a while now I've felt a 9 inch coil with a fairly thin side profile was a good compromise at the beach to do both in the water and sand sweeping.
11" is as small as I want to hunt with on a beach. Anything under that would feel like hunting with a 6" on land.

Well I'm 58 and I'm still going to vote for an 11" coil. There needs to be an in between coil from the 11 and 6 inch. 6 inch for me is just way too small, even on land.
No perfect coil for everyone. Think that's why they want to issue 2 coils to start. Everything is still a little fuzzy at this point. Wish they would release a statement of what coils and when detector is to be released. as far as age goes wait about 10 years and then tell me what size coil you might swing sonny.

I’d like a 7”x11” elliptical which is small enough to do homesites and large enough to do fields. The 7” width should also get decent depth.
I hate changing coils except with the Orx. My Nox has the 11”, Simplex 5.5x9 elliptical and my Orx and Deus Lite share 11”, 9” and 5.5 x 9 coils. I have the 11” coil for the simplex but prefer the equinox w/11”.
shame the new SMF aNokta will not be able to use the simplex coils.

I'll bet it will come with a 11" round coil. I believe the quest for the most depth is getting manufacturers to put bigger coils on top dollar model. I prefer the 7x11 if I could only own or use 1 coil.

No perfect coil for everyone. Think that's why they want to issue 2 coils to start. Everything is still a little fuzzy at this point. Wish they would release a statement of what coils and when detector is to be released. as far as age goes wait about 10 years and then tell me what size coil you might swing sonny.
But I'm not 68, sonny. Take advantage of what you can, when you can. Ergo an 11" coil.

I’d like a 7”x11” elliptical which is small enough to do homesites and large enough to do fields. The 7” width should also get decent depth.
I hate changing coils except with the Orx. My Nox has the 11”, Simplex 5.5x9 elliptical and my Orx and Deus Lite share 11”, 9” and 5.5 x 9 coils. I have the 11” coil for the simplex but prefer the equinox w/11”.
shame the new SMF aNokta will not be able to use the simplex coils.
I have a separate lower rod for every coil. It's the quickest way to change coils and you don't wear out your coil bolt.

I'm with Relicmeister. I simply don't like a compressed TID. Hopefully it won't be. Also hope it's light. Old folks understand light and balanced.
wildwilly - In her latest interview, Dilek said she thought the new machine would be very close to the Simplex in weight, which according to most reviews weighs in at 2.9 lbs. Same basics as the Simplex but with a carbon fibre lower rod which is lighter than the standard rod and is supposed to be more solid with no wobbles.

Hopefully they'll offer different packages with your choice of coils.
In the water hunting is conducive to smaller coils more so than wide open beach areas are. For a while now I've felt a 9 inch coil with a fairly thin side profile was a good compromise at the beach to do both in the water and sand sweeping.
I agree, the 9" flat coil was my 1st choice for water hunting beaches. It's also a good compromise for land hunting.

Hopefully they'll offer different packages with your choice of coils.

I agree, the 9" flat coil was my 1st choice for water hunting beaches. It's also a good compromise for land hunting.
9” DD would be great. The simplex 8” sp22 really should be a excellent coil. Maybe it could reach full potential on the new machine. 9” round on another machine is SUPERB.