Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Permission Opened Up For Me

Sooper Dave

I was out on a drive with my family Easter weekend when we went by an old school site I have been trying to get on for years but could never find the owner for permission and it has been grown over all this time. Well it has changed owners and the new one has cleared the land off old school, gym and over growth were now gone. I looked up the new owner when I got home and found that he just lives down the road from the site. Last week I drove down after work to ask permission. Really nice folks that love history and we talked for an hour about all the history in the area. I was given the green light to go have fun but was also told they were selling the property and closing on it that Friday. The grass has grown up tall but I was able to get in two hunts after work and found a few wheats and a few pieces of silver. I was glad to finally get a chance to swing over this spot and save a few things from here. I am going to check with the new owner for continued permission and hope the grass gets cut. The shield nickel was from another site and that was the only thing I found but a great find for me as they don't come up often around here.

gOI0jsf.jpg

ZZONgCd.jpg

cei4P6c.jpg

ypKX522.jpg

L8vjzCm.jpg

yjwcmpT.jpg

QbvEjLY.jpg

JmNkbse.jpg

Incredible finds!! Glad you were able to finally obtain permission.

SooperDave, Congrat's on some nice saves at the new permission site. This is just a suggestion, but have you thought about going to the site with a weedeater, and clearing an area to hunt as you go. Just knock the higher growth down to where you can swing your coil. It would be a little work, but you have also found that there is some cool stuff where the old school once stood. This way too, it would give you a chance to be satisfied that you have it your best shot in the event the new owners would not give you a permission to hunt the site. Best of luck to you.

Those are some stunning finds!! Glad you shared!!!!

Nice Dave! Too bad you don't have the site longer. Great to see you posting!!!