Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New product for CTX

pistolpete

New product for Minelab CTX 3030 owners. Has your factory lower rod lost it's snug fit inside the upper shaft allowing too much side to side movement and coil misalignment? We have developed a replacement lower rod top guide that allows you to regain a more positive engagement between lower rod and top shaft. No longer will you have to replace the factory lower rod because of a worn out top guide. Comes complete with an easy to follow instruction guide and is easily performed at home by anybody.

How much are they selling for Pete? I may need a couple along with that longer shaft you ordered me. The dirt guys dont have nearly the problem us water guys do. We get sand and water in there grinding away. MANY..... also have a BAD habit of leaning on their machine while digging out there. That puts a strain on everything from coil to shaft. Good product...... some of us dont even break the machine down anymore because of the constant grinding. This will certainly help. I also recommend those who like to LEAN on their machines put something on the lower shaft just before the upper...... maybe a cable strap with rubber. It may keep you from having to change out the rod lock. BEST was is to stop leaning on the machine lol.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
How much are they selling for Pete? I may need a couple along with that longer shaft you ordered me. The dirt guys dont have nearly the problem us water guys do. We get sand and water in there grinding away. MANY..... also have a BAD habit of leaning on their machine while digging out there. That puts a strain on everything from coil to shaft. Good product...... some of us dont even break the machine down anymore because of the constant grinding. This will certainly help. I also recommend those who like to LEAN on their machines put something on the lower shaft just before the upper...... maybe a cable strap with rubber. It may keep you from having to change out the rod lock. BEST was is to stop leaning on the machine lol.

Dew

Good points Dew. Every machine has it's weak points and none are perfect. When you consider what we ask of our machines and what we put them through, it's amazing that they stand up as they do especially the water machines. The idea behind our replaceable guide is to give the user another thousand miles, so to speak. They are reasonably priced at $15 and are precision CNC machined, a cheap alternative to replacing the whole lower rod..

Fellas, really have to apologize about the website. We are overhauling it and a lot of the new items are not shown. You can generally see what's new either here or our FB page. You can order a lot of the small parts of our site, but not so much the newer stuff like the shaft guides and the new FBS 2" coil bolts. Please send us an email to get in touch and make arrangements for things not shown on our site... Thanx

Got a special order longer shaft coming with one of these DEW-HICKIES. Pete ....... will it slow the wear so we can break them down more often or was it intended to make it fit tighter... thus saving that shaft lock? One of those photos shows some JB weld.... thats not required is it?

Dew

The JB Weld Plastic Bonder is listed in the instruction manual as the preferred adhesive and the one we use when we assemble new rods. I know there are others but the important thing to keep in mind is that you need an adhesive that will work with both carbon fiber and ABS together. Whatever you do, do NOT use any of the super glues, crazy glues, anything that is cyanoacrylate based. The guide will bond in the tube before you can even get it inserted fully and aligned. The guide, as mentioned, is made from ABS. It will restore the fit and being ABS, will wear over time. It has to wear or it will wear out the carbon main shaft. We looked at other plastics and have a lot of experience with different plastics over the years with different applications. Products like nylon or acetel are great for wear but extremely difficult to bond in this application. If and when the replacement wears out, the replacement can be replaced still saving replacing the entire lower rod which is our goal... that 'nother thousand mile thing..

Pete,

Can this be used to replace the plastic bolt that comes with your shafts? That bolt can cut into the coil cable.

All of our shafts now come with this guide. The original design can be replaced with the new design...

Pete....... if its glued how does one remove it to replace it....JB is some tuff stuff? At this point i dont know the produce..... may have more questions once i get mine and put it together.