Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New SEF Coil

Got the 10x12 SEF in black from kellyco. Works like a charm. I can really bump up the settings and run it hot, very stable. Should I be happy with this? Or would the White 10x12 SEF be a better coil for my V3i?
Leonard (MD)

Put in 22.5 single frequency and start cranking the Rx Gain and see how high you can go with it and see if it remains stable.

rob i run the vx3 so i will have my buddy run it on his v3i and see what it will do in boost. and my sef 12x10 is the white coil..i will check back soon

I just got my SEF 15X12 white coil and it will run TX boost. I will reply back with ground probe and signal stats.

alric said:
I just got my SEF 15X12 white coil and it will run TX boost. I will reply back with ground probe and signal stats.

Mine will TX boost as well, but appears to be very unstable. Falses constantly. Still need to take it out to the boonies to make sure, but I think it is defective. How quiet is yours and at what settings?

maybe you guys already seen this article

http://bodhi3.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/international-detech-sef-12x10-v-nulled-edition-for-whites-spectra-v3v3ivx3/

Thanks for your input Bruce, you might give JW a call and ask if your numbers are consistent with what the coil should be. Even White's will get a lemon now and then and yours might not be up to par or for all I know, it might be just the way most of them are with some being better.

Larry, thanks I appreciate your input. So I'll just call K Co. I figure.

Hi i talked to Kellyco, they are made in Bulgeria.I talked to Whites they said because it's not a direct whites product and if anything happens to th machine it would void the warrenty. Overall Kellyco has been great and so has Whites, escpecially when needing replacement parts:)!

Hi i heard from Whites they are made from Bulgeria not Whites brand and if something happens to your detector while useing it it would void the warrenty,i told her it was v rated she replied haveing to be their product. anyone else hear about that?

We have discussed that dozens of times on here, just read down further on this thread.

I've never heard of any coil voiding a warranty. I don't believe this is true. Who did you talk to at Whites?

SEF 10x12 revisited
Location makes a huge impact.
Simply, what I previously stated about my white 12x10" SEF is null and void. Bad pun - "null" ;) !

hi :ytcoinshooter, so you saying good coil because thats what iam thinking of buying regards GARY..:clap:

I like the coil. I'm saying my fndings are due to deciding sampling in my back yard really wasn't valid, too limited. Look, I've been negative on aftermarket / third party non- OEM coils on Whites detectors. Remember the old "Hot Head Coils"? Pure junk and sold by U know who. This SEF IMO compliments the capabilities of the V3i. In no way does the use of this coil pose a problem for me. Better coverage than stock 10" DD or 12" concentric. Again all statements are my opinion, nice balance good pinpointing and stability. I own the Whites 6x10", 10" DD & 12" concentric coils as well. The SEF is a great everyday coil and the 6x10" DD my trash loop. In the past I preferred the 5.3 on my DFX for depth over the 6x10" - but the added power of he V3i drives it acceptably deep.
Last note, I always run "Lock Trac" these days. I frequently check the GB & rebalance.

:thumbup:Hi Ytcionshooter, iam not trying to commit your self in saying (yes great coil buy it) just trying to get feed back before i buy one thanks GARY..