Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New To E-Trac But Not Minelab

I bought an E-Trac when they were first released and have probably only used it about 8 times total. I was an experienced Explorer user prior. In my very limited time with the E-Trac I had a few issues. I am looking for opinions and findings on these issues as the machine has been out for a while now and it seems that users here have gotten very good with it. The first was the FE 12 issue. All coins, along with some trash, seemed ti hit on the FE 12 line therefore limiting the usefulness of having a big screen diminished down to one single line. It seems like a huge opportunity lost on Minelabs part and an area in which they should have carried over the Explorers display system. The other issue is the inability to usefully use ferrous tones like you can on the Explorer. These 2 problems turned me away from the E-Trac. I am hoping that experience has brought to light the reason for the machine being engineered this way and that someone can explain it to me. Also, any settings that would be helpful to me learning this machine would be appreciated. I am in Massachusetts and hunt open trashy areas like parks and schools almost exclusively.

I have owned the xs,11,se,and e trac.
I learned to love using ferrous in some really trashy areas.
I only noticed that you don't get as high a tone on the e trac for coins in ferrous
as you did on the explorers.
But the low tones to me seem lower for iron,I run in multi tone some use two tone.
I dig everything that is a higher tone than the iron.I don't even look at the display.
I have been pleasantly surprised at the number of coins i have found this way.
As for the ferrous 12 line,theres a pretty good chance that if you get a 11,12,13 on the ferrous side that it is a coin.
The e tracs added trash density,and ground difficult settings make it renowned for finding the coins in trash.
If your good with the explorer,you will love the e trac.

LabradorBob