Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the E-Trac world!

Ballaholyk84

Whats going on everyone?

A little about me. My name is Adam, 29 years old, and I have been on FMDF for a while now and just decided to join here and TN. I got my first detector last year around this time and it was a Garret AT Pro bundle from Bart at BBH. Got an awesome deal for a nice setup and couldnt pass it up. It was my first detector and absolutely loved it! Unfortunately right after I really learned the machine a few months later I had to sell it. Took about 9 months off from detecting and missed it all the time. I decided to save up a little and get rid of a few things I didnt use anymore and got a smoking deal on a new E-Trac. I got the E-Trac last Sunday and already love it! Definitely going to take some good learning but feel I am catching on very quickly with it.

I have it currently setup and use Sabisch's Coin Shooter loadout with Goes4Ever's Settings and love it. I also purchased a new Minelab Pro-Swing 45 since i recently had shoulder surgery, so I figured it would definitely help me out in the field to keep the fatigue to a minimum. Just got the PS 45 in the mail today and got it all set up. I also got my Sunray X1 Probe in the mail today as well. So I figure between the E-Trac, X1, Garret PP, Lesche Digger, and PS 45, I will be set for a while on hunting. My next purchase i going to be a nice dust/rain cover since I do live here in the PNW. Was thinking about fabricating a nice acrylic case for the head unit to be able to put in it since I like the rain and dont mind being out in it. That may take some time to do unless anyone has a lead of one built for it already. I have already subscribed to Goes4Ever and DirtFishing on YouTube as well and believe I have watched all of their videos already and numerous repeatedly.

I am definitely looking forward to getting out in the next few days to try things out in the field rather than backyard. I will post my finds and hope I get some as nice as the rest I see here.

Take care and Happy Hunting!

Here is a picture of my new baby ready to get out and detect!
IMG_20131003_204638624_zps8dd1e676.jpg

Welcome to the forum Adam !
Looks like your all set up and ready to make some great finds !

Yes ... be sure to get a good rain / dust cover for your machine before your screen gets damaged - Sunray's cover fits much better than the one made by Minelab.

Also, consider getting a small coil - they are fantastic in heavy iron, overgrown areas and in tight spots - many like the 5.5" Sunray.or the 6" x 8" SEF.
I prefer my 4.5" x 7" Excellerator because it's a "closed" design - so ... less hangups on brush stubble - killer in heavy iron and it hit's deep - ( 8" Dimes).

Good Luck !

Someone just posted on FMDF that they are selling Minelab and White dust protectors for 5.00 each...that is a great deal...it is in the accessories for sale...I to started again with a AT Pro and now have the Etrac. I have found 30 silver since then and a couple gold rings. A friend from this forum as well as others help me set it up and use it so the learning curve was not so great after coming off of the AT. AT is a good machine..I let my best friend use it and finally I just gave it to him since he likes it so well...he has done alot for me recently. Looking to buy a AT Gold due to the waterproof feature and that I live in gold country. Enjoy your Etrac.

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
Welcome to the forum Adam !
Looks like your all set up and ready to make some great finds !

Yes ... be sure to get a good rain / dust cover for your machine before your screen gets damaged - Sunray's cover fits much better than the one made by Minelab.

Also, consider getting a small coil - they are fantastic in heavy iron, overgrown areas and in tight spots - many like the 5.5" Sunray.or the 6" x 8" SEF.
I prefer my 4.5" x 7" Excellerator because it's a "closed" design - so ... less hangups on brush stubble - killer in heavy iron and it hit's deep - ( 8" Dimes).

Good Luck !

Thanks a bunch. I was thinking about one of the Sunray ones as well. Yeah a smaller coil is actually second on the list after the Dust/rain cover. I appreciate the info on the "closed" design. Its not something I would have though about when buying one even though its obvious haha.

bskerj said:
Someone just posted on FMDF that they are selling Minelab and White dust protectors for 5.00 each...that is a great deal...it is in the accessories for sale...I to started again with a AT Pro and now have the Etrac. I have found 30 silver since then and a couple gold rings. A friend from this forum as well as others help me set it up and use it so the learning curve was not so great after coming off of the AT. AT is a good machine..I let my best friend use it and finally I just gave it to him since he likes it so well...he has done alot for me recently. Looking to buy a AT Gold due to the waterproof feature and that I live in gold country. Enjoy your Etrac.

Yeah I seen he had posted them last week but he end up never having any E-Trac ones let alone any Minelab ones like he posted today. I thin I will just end up picking up the Sunray Cover anyways. Its sees like it a very nicely made cover. I looked at the AT Gold and that was my original plan to buy I got such a killer deal on the E-Trac that I couldnt pass it up. Im sure I will definitely love this machine as I am already starting to learn it and its capabilities.

Goes4ever said:
welcome and if you have any questions or need help, just ask or PM me!

Thanks a ton Terry! You are definitely a MD idol for me. I appreciate all your hard work and love the site. It seems to show me anything and everything I need to know. I greatly appreciate all your help and the offer of having an open door. If I have any questions at all you will be my go to guy. Thanks a bunch!

Welcome to the forum Adam, you have got a nice setup there. Look forward to seeing some great finds posted from you. HH David

Welcome to the forum Adam! Congratulations on your machine and accessories! Great group of people here! Looking forward to seeing what you unearth there in the PNW! We always enjoy a good story along with pictures.

NebTrac

Thank you so much guys! Gotta love the warm welcome. I definitely wanna get together with some people since I dont have any Detecting friends. If its like anything else ive done in my life hobby wise I will get bored without friends in the same thing. SO if there are any local guys please add me to your list. I am always free right now to go out and learn the area since I am fairly new to Oregon.

Welcome! It's a nice to see other people my age who are also into the hobby:rofl: I got my E-trac recently too and have loved it over my past machines. Hope to see some finds posts soon! :)