Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the Equinox and a question.

kevinnc

Been trying the different modes and settings for a few days. What is field 1 good for? Seems weaker than the park modes and field 2. I have the 600.

Been trying the different modes and settings for a few days. What is field 1 good for? Seems weaker than the park modes and field 2. I have the 600.
Here is what the manual states if you can read it...

Attachments

• 7E8DD154-E0CB-4FD6-9369-B39DB754CF61.jpeg
    7E8DD154-E0CB-4FD6-9369-B39DB754CF61.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 162
I found the same thing. Field-1 seems “weak” compared to Park-1. To me, park2 is useless and after extensive testing in the field with Park2, I won’t ever be using it.

I would just using Field-1 mode yesterday on my 600 model. It puts more emphasis on the 5KHz & 10KHz and not very much on the 15KHz. That mode also is defaulting with some iron bias. Sometimes on my 600, Park 2 and Field 2 can be a little noisy if you just run those two modes in their factory default settings.

I use field 2 all the time..
Mark

Neil jones helped set up field one specifically for coke infested sites. I agree it is toned down a bit but on those sites it really quiets the machine down so you can focus on good targets. When you find a site where your machine is falsing {not EMI} out the wahzoo and won't settled give it a try. Read his blog on the minelab website for some more insight its called "have your coke and detect it to" if memory serves me correct. This is one of the modes where the Equinox really out shines the competition.

Field 2 is my land go to setting and will likely handle the bulk of hunting at the upcoming Florida Hunt 7 event, but I will be trying other modes for target comparison. HH

Field 2 is my land go to setting and will likely handle the bulk of hunting at the upcoming Florida Hunt 7 event, but I will be trying other modes for target comparison. HH
Mine to I just do real well here in Ct with it oh and beach 1-2..
Mark