Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NEW Update for Exchange II

etracjoe

Thanks Minelab for coming through:clapping::minelab: They have fixed the problem with exchange 2. I opened up the program to see an update on top of the screen. I downloaded wich only took seconds and now I can open facebook and youtube without switching browser to firefox like I had to previously. I knew they were working on it but did not know if ready yet. Guess you just have to open the exchange 2 from time to time and see whats in store.

Thanks Joe, I try to keep the updates current in the sticky post above. To help determine which ones are the newest, I've started adding the date to the updates. If I miss one, don't hesitate to let us know and I'll post it in the sticky. HH Randy

I have a problem with facebook not opening as well. Didnt realize unitl now that is was the same timeframe as Exchange II install. My main facebook poage comes up but is almost blank with no selectable links. Anyone have any idea on this. I really dont want to use 2 IE programs. Thanks,
Mike

That is what this thread is about. Minelab has a fix for that problem with an update to XChange2. Read etracjoes post again.

mcb613 said:
I have a problem with facebook not opening as well. Didnt realize unitl now that is was the same timeframe as Exchange II install. My main facebook poage comes up but is almost blank with no selectable links. Anyone have any idea on this. I really dont want to use 2 IE programs. Thanks,
Mike
Did you open Xchange 2 today and do the update? Click on the Exclamation mark at the top center of the program. Then reboot.

When you update Xchange2 is all of your data like find points and geo hunt information safe, or does it wipe your data?? I have too much data
on a site I am hunting to transfer it all back into the detector for "safe keeping" and I would be sick if the new version over wrote all of my site
Information.
HH
Joe

I believe you may lose it all. Not sure if there is a way to save it elsewhere? I lost a geohunt but was not a big deal because it was only a test. I see where your coming from and hopefully someone can help. GL Joe

I didn't have any Geo data to lose, but when I updated, it saved my custom programs OK.

PSPR, I do see the exclamation. Hopwever, when I hover or click on it, nothing happens. Seems like there is not a link associated with my icon. When I open the program, my antivirus pops up and I select "allow all", so that should eliminate that possibility. I have the latest flash also. The program does work on my Win7 laptop though. Anyone have this issue? THX, Mike

Did you log in? I don't know if you have to or not, but I did and the update was flawless.

n/t

Thank you, I can't afford to loose a months worth of data on my 1849 house site. When i try to put it in the 3030 for safe keeping there is too many geo hunts ( over 10 ) and too many find points to transfer back to the detector. I'll start a new topic, I don't want to hijack this thread..

In a worst case scenario, you can do a System restore to the previous day, everything should be just like it didn't happen. :shrug:

You should be able to put the files into the FILE and export them to your PCs hard drive. I have experimented with it, and they go to the Downloads in Windows explorer. Then Import them back into XChange2 at a later time. The names don't carryover into the PC, so once they are there you can rename them. I sent a collection of 6 modes, all at one time. One file will show up as a Download if done that way. Once you import that file back, all of the individual files were in the FILE with the correct names. I would experiment with it, to get the feel for how that works, before doing all of them, however.......HH

Larry, login is not neccessary,a s it works fine on Win7 laptop. it simply seem like the layer or code for the icon has a problem. I'm not a code writer, only a very little bit of knowledge. If anyone knows code and can see anything wrong with pic of code included, I would appreciate any input. I just tried a fresh install from factory disk with same result. See code attached. thanks for the help. HH, mIke

Make sure you have java 7 installed on your computer (java.com). Then restart IE. I still think it is your anti-virus though. You might try disabling is momentarily and see if that solves the problem.