Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Update, Why No Vids Testing 6" Coil?

Architex said:
Here's one (video) digging 100 yr old nails using the 600. Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRmGqMVDqZk

Hi,
Sube you are dead on accurate again. The spacing of iron targets will definitely make one perfectly good coil on the Nox seem like it is not good to people, like this video maker who really has virtually no clue yet. He has had the Nox for about a month, started making videos immediately, also started making observations and decisions about the Nox and its coils that are not based on anything but first impressions which in his case are not yet based on experienced trial and error. It is great that a person gets excited about a new detector and decides to make a video and post it.
It is not great when they make uninformed judgements about a detector and its coils when they barely know how to use it which is obvious to anyone that has spent a lot of time with the Nox. Anyway, thanks for posting your video and for always giving excellent, sound observations based on knowledge and experience.

Jeff

sube said:
IDXMonster said:
I don’t have the 6” coil for the 800 but I’ve got one for the CTX. One thing I’ve noticed with tiny coils like that...they are GREAT in some situations but seem to want to make a lot of junk into coins in other situations. I don’t know why this is or what I can do to alleviate this, I like the separation ALOT! Perhaps the 6” on the EQX will be a different story...

No the 6 inch coil for the nox will be the same let me explain . I did a video a while back on the ctx and falsing https://youtu.be/eJZTaam2YZ8

There are 2 types of falses one under the coil meaning target is under the coil this sounds like a choppy high tone or if its a short iron then it will sound like a crackle but there's still 2 separate high tones some will sound as one making you dig example 1 inch small nail having user screen set to a slower recovery will let you here that 2 separate high tones this signal will come in at 19 to 20 thinking Indian so if you here the crackle or 2 separate high tones leave .

Then there's the throw en false where the tip of the nail is high toning and when you pinpoint you are pulled to the nail target is 4 inches long not coin size don't have to sweep the other way because if there was a coin with that nail any detector will find it under the nail even on a north south hit .

Getting back to the 11 and 6 inch coil if using the 6 in a nail bed where the nails are 6 to 7 inches apart the 6 is going to false like crazy (WHY) because there is no other target under the coil if you watch the video you will see when I place a nail under the coil the throw en false stops . Now if we have a nail bed with the nails 3 inches apart then the throw en falses stop .

Now take the 11 inch coil here 6 to 7 inch nail bed and there's no throw en falses same said for a 3 inch bed of nails (WHY) because there's always a target under the coil but we take the 11 in a nail bed that has nails 12 inches and farther apart and the throw en falses start again . Then again in any nail bed you will get the da da or choppy high tone when directly over a nail in the right direction with any coil .

Looking at the video on this page where the user is disappointed in the 6 he just does not understand what's happening he says that he went 7 feet without a false will there's a reason he's got targets under the coil all the time if you have 2 or 3 nails under that big coil you will even cut down on your falsing directly over the nail it can't false because of the other target .that place is for a 6 inch coil look at it this way every target the 11 will get so close but the 6 will get closer which equals virgin ground .this will go for any place you hunt who in there right my will do a whole park or fairgrounds 40 ac or more with a 6 inch coil plenty of virgin ground . The 6 takes time to use but there are rewards .

I have been using the nox with the new update i' am liking it so easy to tell nails and caps it's in the audio .
Settings park 1 sensitivity 15 to 25 depending on site recovery 1 to 6 site dependent iron bias fe2 at 0 5 tone 50 tone to hard to use 5 tone gives plenty of nuances in all metal what I use .

So that's why the 6 falses more and by the way that 6 inch coil will be staying on the nox tell I ware it out . :thumbup: sube

Thank you for the written explanation and the video, this time I fully understand it.
I had these two false yesterday and your right, I chased them. Not anymore though.
Tony NJ