Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New verses old f75s

foxhunter

I'm in the market for getting a new or used f75 ltd or f75+ soon. I have owned the original f75 and f75 ltd years ago. (Before DST). My question to you guys is are the new ones with DST just as sparky or do you think they have lost something. Or do you think they are better. I like some of the new features like FA /iron audio. I know years ago I really liked the f75 ltd black version and I would b happy with the same model. Really hoping you guys can shed some light on this for me. Really appreciate it. Thanks

I've had a F 75 since they were first introduced and currently swing a F 75 LTD DST. I always felt the original F 75 was deeper then any of the LTD's I've had and to use your term, more "Sparky." However, the LTD's with DST are a very smooth running and quiet detector. The little extra depth one may have gotten with a regular F75 was often lost because of all the chatter they had. My opinion, anyway. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim for reply. When you say it runs smoother. Is this when DST is turned on or off. Also when DST is turned off does it act like the old sparky unit. I guess I visualize an old and new f75 led wrapped up in one bundle with added features lol!! Thanks

I run mine with DST off all the time and IS NOT as sparky, no emu chatter, as the old 75 was. I do believe, though, the original 75 I had was a bit deeper then the LTD and now LTD2 DST I have. HH jim tn

From what I gather all new f75s (standard/ltd/+/gold or black) have DST/3 levels of iron audio/FA process. The ltd s and + have boost and cache modes. I've been watching for used units on the web for the last month and there has not been a lot to choose from. Talked with a couple dealers and they claim they are old news.and they haven't sold hardly any in a long time Lol!! I got into the f75s and t2 platforms about 8 yrs ago and was pretty much the standard for about 4 yrs. then got on to other machines and have been running racer2 for the last year. Very sensitive and hot machine. But I'm going back to an f75 for a couple different reasons.

I tried the Racers, but my F 75 was just flat out deeper. My buddy has a Nox and both can hit the same deep targets. Old news is still good news in my opinion. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! HH jim tn

Good topic. I am a little bit late but can still contribute to the cause. The old F-75s like Jim said were deeper BUT if you could see a power line they were no fun to listen to. The newer models are great compared to the old ones. Got into the MLs and they were really quiet. I still like my F-75s especially for CW relics. Don't give up on those static machines because they will find stuff. HH:fisher::detecting:

I find my new F75 worlds better than my older camo F75 that I still have. I prefer the old F75's all metal mode, but for disc mode the DST machines are much smoother with better ID at depth. The audio options on the newer DST models are really nice to have too. Runs so smooth most of the time I have to make sure my headphones are on if Im not swinging the coil.

I enjoy using my F75 DST model. The first one I had, it was a bear to tame. EMI would make it wig out and I always had to run in DE mode with the sensitivity down. Even cycling through the frequencies didn't help most times.

My new model is a joy to use. Depth is not as important to me as much as stability and ergonomics. With the Garrett Z-Lynk system hooked up, the F75 is sweet to use. And it still goes deep. I haven't even tried running in non-DST.

I can understand some of the others liking the depth and sparkiness of the originals. I am sure some original F75's are used relic hunting in fields where EMI is not as abundant as some of the places I hunt.

A super unit in either model with still, to me, the best ergonomics of the bunch along with a lot of features.