Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New whites pinpointer.................

Got mine....its great

I'll wait unless mine gets here to explain a few lesser know features. But for now I will talk about a few things I like. So far it is deep, reports are 4" on a nickel. However it has a ratchet feature as well as different sensitivity settings. It has ground grab and tracking which keeps it deep. People with bad ground will like this. I dig plugs and I need deep to find coins in large plugs.

It also can be set for audio, vibrate, or both. I also like the provision for attaching a tether. The orange cap, ruler, lost pinpointer feature and auto turn off are also good features.

Many people will appreciate the dual voltage. The TRX will run on two AA or one 9V battery.

Now here is a feature I didn't do with the prototype. The internals are suppose to be removable with just one screw, easily. As a matter of fact if you wear through the case, under warranty, you will just get another case.

I left out some until I get my finished one. The price is close to the Pro Pointer and it needs no modifications.

Hey Del, you once asked how the vibration compared on the two. I don't know if my Pro-Pointer is defective or what but I don't feel much of a vibration at all on mine and I don't know if there is a way to turn the vib on or off :shrug: There is no mention in the owners manual and I never paid much attention to it in the past.

I just got the production model and the TRX vib is quite noticeable, with the audio off, you would still know when you got close to a target. The volume seems to be about the same on the two but the TRX is a slightly higher pitch which I think could be heard better when headphones are worn.

I do like the ratchet sensitivity adjustment with just a tap of the ON-OFF switch and there is an undocumented way to set the sensitivity for how you want it on startup. Yes, you can make it more sensitive if you want, but that is a bit too much IMHO. The menu has 4 settings and default is 3.

I tested it next to my CTX 3030 and there was no interference at all so it does seem to play well with others.

I just need to know who has them in stock for sale and immediate shipping? LOL

Windy City says they have some Terry, you will just have to call some dealers or put a WTB on the classifieds and let them contact you :shrug:

Southwind,

We have a couple of them in stock and more arriving next week. Call me if you wish to place an order.

Ralph (Sun Ray)
Sun Ray Detector Electronics
319-636-2244 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm CST

Del,

All the things I mentioned in my earlier posts....proved to come true. It will be my favorite pinpointer

That's an old post. It took a week, but I have it.

The TRX should be be ready for general shipments to anyone on or before aprill 21st.

I have had my order in when they were to be out Feb. 14, I think if i don,t get it by next week i an going to get a PRO and forget it.

The Pro-Pointer started the revolution with a simple to use product that made recoveries much easier and faster. Garrett had over 5 years as the king of pinpointers.

It's White's turn as the king now. I've only used this pinpointer on one hour long hunt since I got it Monday but OH MY IT'S GOOD!

I'll post in detail after I use it a little more, but my initial reaction is infatuation.:inlove:

The Pro-Pointer is a great product and you'll never hear me say anything bad about it, but the TRX trumps it in almost every respect. Especially depth. Lord have mercy it's got some depth. I'll do some testing later, but in default mode it appears to have at least twice the depth of the Garrett and - MOST IMPORTANTLY - that's depth with stability.

The biggest negative I can come up with is this silliness of not putting the sensitivity, audio/vibrate and tone control instructions in the manual.

And, if he has them in stock, you can save on shipping by getting one of Ralph's indestructible Amish-made pouches while you're at it. Highest quality and functionality. No other pouch comes close IMO.

I am planning buying a TRX later this year , my garrett pro pointer has had a hell of a lot of use and the decals are all worn off , can't knock it though the pro pointer is v good. The depth lacking a bit though as I have heard others say.
the extra depth of the trx is just great.....This extra depth can make some recoveries much easier especially on 3 inch deep coins.

For those who have the TRX, how many have tested it for the Lost Alarm? After approximately 5 minutes of being idle, it is suppose to give a long beep for approximately 5 minutes to alert you where it is and after that 5 minutes, 10 minutes total, it shuts itself off.

This was one of the last things I tested, just last week, after receiving it 4 weeks ago and mine is totally silent for the whole 10 minutes and at the end of 10 minutes, it shuts itself off. No Alarm of long beeps of any kind, silent, after the first 5 minutes.

I have conducted this test 6 different times with various setting, but still all are silent.

Just curious if others have tested theirs.