Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice 3.5 hr hunt today.........

oneguy

Got out for 3.5 hrs today back to the Burg down the road with my little 1 acre park I've been working. Got these in 3 different spots today. Re-hunted a small triangle I'd gridded one way before and pulled 4 silvers and 4 wheats. Today I used TTF, Pro coil, and open screen and gridded 90 degrees and came up with 1 more Merc and 1 wheat. Next I went to City Hall and hunted that small grassy area and pulled a wheat and a Rosie. Then back to my little park for a bit and pulled up the V and the buffie & newer nickels. Good hunt for me and little park is pretty much void of high tones now but I believe there's more nickels to be had...................

PS.....I got aroused digging buffies..... but hard when I see those stars on the rim of a V .....!!!!!!!! (my favorite coin)

Nice finds! Your persistence paid off! :clapping:

Open screen is the way to go in these so called pounded parks.
Kind of doing the same thing here, re-searching known 'oldie-bearing' parks.
I'll admit it, got skunked a few times this year at those parks, depressing enough to give the whole thing up!

But needed to get out a few days ago and went back to an old pounded 'recently skunked' park and low and behold got an Indian and a Barber dime using open screen.
Both were in the extreme iffy range.
Seems anything left in these pounded out parks is iffy as hell; on edge, deep, or close to other junk the reason why open screen can work at these type sites.

ironsight said:
Nice finds! Your persistence paid off! :clapping:

Open screen is the way to go in these so called pounded parks.
Kind of doing the same thing here, re-searching known 'oldie-bearing' parks.
I'll admit it, got skunked a few times this year at those parks, depressing enough to give the whole thing up!

But needed to get out a few days ago and went back to an old pounded 'recently skunked' park and low and behold got an Indian and a Barber dime using open screen.
Both were in the extreme iffy range.
Seems anything left in these pounded out parks is iffy as hell; on edge, deep, or close to other junk the reason why open screen can work at these type sites.
Thanks IS......!!!!!

Yeah.....you pretty much nailed the "pounded park" scenerios around here, all deep and all borderline iffies. You gotta start chasing those nickels as there's still a few left as most won't do the work because of the beaver tails? The more you dig them the easier they come and after a little bit of time you'll become "one with the nickel".....lol Congrats on the IH & Barbie (now get after them nickels)......!!!!!!!

Oh yeah.... Got email from the snowbird property owner tonight that owns the 1890's hotel I scored last fall. Looks like I'll get to take a stab at that in about 8 days? That's the only private I've got this season as I've grown tired of the door knock/rejections, etc. Not to mention last yrs DK's was about 13-15 I scored and maybe 3 of them were worth a hill of beans giving up a few keepers? Hope the hotel pans out (?) but the history of this little "boomtown" was very short lived....maybe just 2-3 yrs. This hotel is 1 of only 2 surviving buildings that didn't burn down when the town burnt.......