Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickel Trifecta

Mark in S.E. IA

Wed I started off at a place I've never been to before. It was pretty much a wide open area and it was getting hot an humid by the time I got there. I started off just wondering around and that didn't last long before that sun was really getting to me.
I could see over to the south end of this place there was a huge old oak tree and it was casting big shade area so I headed for that tree. I worked that big shade area and found a Merc, a Rosie and 4 wheat's. That was it for the shade area's at this
place so I hit the road. The next place I was at was a old school that I've been to before, about 4 years ago and I did pretty good there the last time I was there. Also, this place had a lot of shade tree's. Right away I noticed that there was not alot
of trash so I started really working those low tones in hopes of finding some older nickels and it paid off. My first nickel was a 43P war nickel, then the 1897 V nickel and just before I got done working the shade area's there I found the 1927 Buff,
I also found 1 wheat penny there. After that I went to there city park and it had alot of trash there but I did manage to find 2 more wheat's. By then it was getting way to hot and humid even in the shade so I went home.

I'm not very good at finding those older nickels so yesterday was a very good day for me with finding the nickel Trifecta.

thanks for lookin and HH

very nice hunt Mark for some reason I love digging nickels.

Well done!

Diggervance

WTG on the trifecta Mark....!!!!! You did better than me today, hunted 6 hrs hard and dug 8 wheats, a silver ring, and right at the end of a grid I managed a 1905 Barber dime....ALMOST got skunked today. I'll post em tomorrow...........

stay on them nickels.....!!!!!!

Nice day on the old Nickels Mark!
A lot of times those old nickels are my motivation to hit the really pounded out parks and often lead to finding other coins in the area.
Etrac is awesome on nickels if you really make it a point to chase those low tones.

Outstanding job Mark ! :beers: