Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No audio when pin pointing???

butch

Hi guys,
I ran into this odd problem, I cannot get any audio when in the pin point mode,while using the headphones.
It works fine without them...anybody else run across this issue?? I am new to the CTX,as you can see from my heading,I upgraded from a V3.

First find target then move the coil to the left of said target hit pinpoint run coil over target it should work ... Or if you are using headphones without a straight male connection it will not make a good connection ... Plugging into the detector If u use the wireless it work

Do you have the remote box or are your headphones plugged in the back of the machine? If you have the remote try another channel. I am just guessing at what the problem could be because I have not heard of this happening before. You might give Minelab a call if you can't get your pin-point audio to work. ML 1-888-949-6522. Keep us posted.

If your right above the target when you press the pin point button the CTX goes into a fine sensitivity pin point mode, and it won't give a tone unless you pat the ground with the coil right above the target, makes for very accurate pin pointing. To use normal pin point mode move the coil away from the target area before pressing the button.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the input.
I am very familar with the pin point technique,been detecting for 20plus years.Although I did not
know that the CTX went into a quieter mode during the pin pointing.Interesting!
The headphones are the standard hard wired,with the long jack.These are the ML phones
that came with the detector. I will give ML a call tomorrow and see what they think. It is so
very odd because you would think that if there is a audio problem with headphones,it would
cease to operate all together,instead of half working??? <<< Very strange>>>

I have a different, but similar problem. Hope some of you experts out there can help.

I have recently sent my CTX back to Minelab to have, what I think, is a possible pinpoint problem. The problem I have is, after I locate a target I move the coil off the target, hit the pinpoint button, and the sound, while pinpointing, sometimes breaks up or disappears completely while going over the target. I haven't heard anything back from Minelab about what, if anything, they found concerning this problem
I'm using Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones that have been modified by the maker to accommodate the CTX problem of the external speaker not dis-connecting when the Pro Golds are plugged into the back of the machine. The external speaker will dis-connect, as it should, when you plug the Pro Golds into the wireless module.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have concerning this problem.

Well guys/gals,
I called Minelab about this interesting problem and within a few hours I got a call back. Apparently it was a software problem which was easily fixed by re-setting the CTX back to it's original factory modes.This solved the issue. The gentleman from ML said they never ran up against this problem before and was glad I called them. Many thanks to all you people that responded with suggestions,much appretiated,and a big thank-you to ML for rectifying this so quickly. The service is outstanding! Sure hope this posting will help someone down the road.
Gary from Newfoundland