Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No beach videos on Equinox has me scared ill wait!!!!

Here's a beach test report I've just found on the internet
I managed to test the stability on the beach today. Sensitivity 22, which is very high, I walked across dry sand down to the water using “Beach” Multi frequency, with no falsing. I then tried “Park” and “Field” modes. “Park” also works on the beach in multi frequency, but “fields” extra sensitivity makes it false on wet sand.

Hello said:
Here's a beach test report I've just found on the internet
I managed to test the stability on the beach today. Sensitivity 22, which is very high, I walked across dry sand down to the water using “Beach” Multi frequency, with no falsing. I then tried “Park” and “Field” modes. “Park” also works on the beach in multi frequency, but “fields” extra sensitivity makes it false on wet sand.

He goes on to say:

"Any settings over 20 causes falsing anywhere. We’ve pushed to have too much sensitivity this time. I’ve always thought the CTX has not got enough, so this time we get 5 positions over the safe point. 22 on the beach was very usable, with only an occasional false sound (sometimes several minutes apart)."

This is going to be one heck of a machine on the beach by the sound of it.

I think Minelab are playing fox. Get everyone nervous about the beach performance, then just before release, drop a video showing how well the Multi-IQ performs on wet sand, maybe even a head-to-head comparison against another single frequency detector to show the performance of Multi-IQ.

Snare the fence sitters when it matters, at release day.

orgone500 said:
I think Minelab are playing fox. Get everyone nervous about the beach performance, then just before release, drop a video showing how well the Multi-IQ performs on wet sand, maybe even a head-to-head comparison against another single frequency detector to show the performance of Multi-IQ.

Snare the fence sitters when it matters, at release day.

Gordon Heritage has done a test on the beach in the UK or somewhere in Europe , he says it works very well at sensitivity 22 and says that the machine has been up sensitised by 5 notches so 22 might be not far off the ET's top end.
Cant say where is on . Findmall rules . But anyway he is a Minelab man and i have been moaning at him a lot to get a test done . I dont think he would say untruths as it would look bad on him and he knows what i'm like if i get unhappy with a machine!

I have decided to take a wait and see attitude and let the snow birds do some real testing during my winter months. Waiting on the spring thaw, some real test reports. After all, I have already found most of the targets in my living room and three months of warranty sitting in my closet doesn't make since. Good luck to all !!!

\"Carolina\" said:
I have decided to take a wait and see attitude and let the snow birds do some real testing during my winter months. Waiting on the spring thaw, some real test reports. After all, I have already found most of the targets in my living room and three months of warranty sitting in my closet doesn't make since. Good luck to all !!!

I think you are right to wait if your not out.
But I reckon the machine will be fine on the beach.
Anyway when I get mine I will do a major hunt on a beach and test it to hell and back.
Roll on.

Winter is a great season to hit the rugged, lonely, Northern California beaches. The black sand here will be a great test for the Equinox. The Safari, and CTX have done well, and we will hopefully SOON see how Multi-IQ handles it. I'm confident that Minelab has created another capable detector. And this time, one that is truly all-terrain.

6000proxl said:
The lack of Beach videos apparently none leaves me to wonder idf the Equinox is going to perform as crappy a most other VLF machines on the beach! Ive put my order on hold until sprin on the 800 I have a CTX and until the Equinox is tested by real world everyday detectorist ill wait!

I understand being uneasy with an unproven commodity I think it is perfectly reasonable to stand by and WAIT for a track record to develop. We know little about this new detector and have few field reports on it, especially in the Salt Water/Beach and Prospecting Modes. We can make assumptions on performance until the end of the earth, but in the end, they are still assumptions that some are uncomfortable in trusting. That's okay. Buy one next year or the year after IF the equinox has proved itself.

Best of luck out there in the field with WHATEVER detector you are using.

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
6000proxl said:
The lack of Beach videos apparently none leaves me to wonder idf the Equinox is going to perform as crappy a most other VLF machines on the beach! Ive put my order on hold until sprin on the 800 I have a CTX and until the Equinox is tested by real world everyday detectorist ill wait!

I understand being uneasy with an unproven commodity I think it is perfectly reasonable to stand by and WAIT for a track record to develop. We know little about this new detector and have few field reports on it, especially in the Salt Water/Beach and Prospecting Modes. We can make assumptions on performance until the end of the earth, but in the end, they are still assumptions that some are uncomfortable in trusting. That's okay. Buy one next year or the year after IF the equinox has proved itself.

Best of luck out there in the field with WHATEVER detector you are using.

I've already seen enough to make me buy one...some impressive vids....can't wait
Rich -

Ksdirt said:
I've already seen enough to make me buy one...some impressive vids....can't wait

Ksdirt,

The timing of this release of the equinox is very good for me as I've been looking for an all weather detector to fill the last spot in my small detector arsenal. I have one on order myself.

I've been looking for a couple years and have almost pulled the trigger on a couple different detectors; but held off. The equinox 800 checks the boxes of my basic requirements and then some. I've been using Minelab detectors since back in 2000 so they are familiar to me and I have confidence the equinox will do what I have in mind. And who knows, it might even do more than I am expecting and that would be a pleasant surprise.

As for those unsure about the equinox, that's fine. They do have an advantage that sometime down the road they can check the forum and see if the users are making post after post of questions, confusion and complaints or good finds.

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
Ksdirt said:

Ksdirt,

The timing of this release of the equinox is very good for me as I've been looking for an all weather detector to fill the last spot in my small detector arsenal. I have one on order myself.

I've been looking for a couple years and have almost pulled the trigger on a couple different detectors; but held off. The equinox 800 checks the boxes of my basic requirements and then some. I've been using Minelab detectors since back in 2000 so they are familiar to me and I have confidence the equinox will do what I have in mind. And who knows, it might even do more than I am expecting and that would be a pleasant surprise.

As for those unsure about the equinox, that's fine. They do have an advantage that sometime down the road they can check the forum and see if the users are making post after post of questions, confusion and complaints or good finds.

Rich -
yep ..been swinging minelab mostly (and other top ends) for 8yrs now and since the EQ isn't out yet I guess being on this forum is as close as I can get for now...probly why were all on here typin away..why else?..We just can't wait..

Nuke em said:
Jason in Enid said:
Nuke em said:
I know of 9k Gold found in salt wet and i find them on wet sand too.

As for beach tests MINELAB need to get a move on or they will scare off customers . Its the main reason i want the Equinox .

Hopefully they will get a few salt wet tests done soon.

"testing" has been over with for a long time. They are in full production right now. Hell, they're probably loading shipping containers of them at sea ports right now so they can be in the countries, and in the hands of distributors so they can be shipped by the release goal date they have.

Hope so . But i think Minelab needs to give a few details of the beach capability or there will be a slow start to sales till people get on beaches and test for themselves .
Anyway hope its released soon .
And if they do not preform well on saltwater beaches there will be a lot of used ones up for sale why I’m waiting friend has one on order I’ll let him be the one to tell me how it runs..
And he has a ctx now so I will edit for now.

I believe it will be fine on the wet beach . 5 freqs is enough and the Equinox has been given an extra 5 notches of sensitivity over the safe point so it wont have to be maxed on the beach . That comes from a tester . I will be getting my machines .
2 reasons why i think it will be a success .
1) Minelab cannot allow it to be a flop
2) I have faith in Minelab after all the Minelab's i have had .

No other make does the business as good except for PI machines .
I wish Minelab realised it too , then we wouldn't get endless Gold machines released and maybe 1 or 2 relic/beach machines would come out instead or more often .

Nuke em said:
I believe it will be fine on the wet beach . 5 freqs is enough and the Equinox has been given an extra 5 notches of sensitivity over the safe point so it wont have to be maxed on the beach . That comes from a tester . I will be getting my machines .
2 reasons why i think it will be a success .
1) Minelab cannot allow it to be a flop
2) I have faith in Minelab after all the Minelab's i have had .

No other make does the business as good except for PI machines .
I wish Minelab realised it too , then we wouldn't get endless Gold machines released and maybe 1 or 2 relic/beach machines would come out instead or more often .

If it performs as well as it looks like people are hoping then that would surely kill off Etracs, CTX and Xterras. And maybe thats Minelabs goal, getting down to one easily serviceable unit instead of those three.....and from some posts Ive seen you could even throw the gold monster in that mix.

Won't replace the top enders. But will take sales.

I think another reason the Equinox will be a massive $$ winner for Minelab is the fact that the end user can easily upgrade the firmware to address any software issues that are discovered in the future. When you buy other mid priced detectors, the software loaded into the firmware on release is the software you get until the next detector is released (or you send it back to the company to have it updated). Remember the drama with the MX Sports release? The software development of the Equinox can continue long after the detector has been released, adding new features, tweaking performance or fixing issues that are discovered from real world testing.

No amount of pre orders for this machine will encourage me to place an order until genuine tests on the beach have been conducted by experienced detectorists. My Deus is there waiting for me and is unlikely to be on " flea bay " until these user reports start filtering through and give a genuine statement as to the capabilities of the Equinox. Because of the proximity of first class beaches, my efforts in detecting must be helped by the right tools for the job ! [ My standby machine is CS4pi used in the wet sand ] Cut the sales talk---give us the facts ASAP.:clapping:

What makes the upgrades any different from the CTX being upgradeable. Just cause it can be, doesn't mean it will be. It is official. I have removed my name from my dealers preorder list. I will wait and see how others rank the Equinox. Good luck to all!!!

mossy99 said:
No amount of pre orders for this machine will encourage me to place an order until genuine tests on the beach have been conducted by experienced detectorists. My Deus is there waiting for me and is unlikely to be on " flea bay " until these user reports start filtering through and give a genuine statement as to the capabilities of the Equinox. Because of the proximity of first class beaches, my efforts in detecting must be helped by the right tools for the job ! [ My standby machine is CS4pi used in the wet sand ] Cut the sales talk---give us the facts ASAP.:clapping:

mossy99,
I think the equinox is being touted as a competitor of the Deus. If you ALREADY have a Deus, and are an experienced user that likes it, I don't see any reason to abandon it. As field reports from the equinox start coming in and people start gaining a sense of ability, then the detecting community can start measuring performance against other multi-frequency and selectable frequency detectors already out there like the Deus, V3i, Impact, CZ's, BBS/FBS machines and such.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody out there and safe travels.

Rich -

I preordered ...for the reason of metal detecting...the excitement of learning and the anticipation of maybe finding something new in what has already been pounded ......I no if I go over it again with my Etrac what the outcome will probly be .......now I'm going to fill like a kid with a new toy....Time for a change....can't wait to get mine.....