Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No depth in pinpoint mode with version .71

RichW

I'm getting about 3 Inches max. Anyone else experience this ? Loss of depth. is only happening when I use pinpoint.

Seems like less depth to me as well but updated to .71 pretty soon after I bought the Deaus 2 which has been less than 2 months ago.
Anyone compared it with the one?
I should do that

I used the D1 on my test garden and it hit on all coins 6 to 12" deep in pinpoint mode

I misunderstood. I was thinking the op was talking about the MI -6 pinpointer. My error
I don’t always use the pinpoint mode just because that 9 inch coil does such a great job of locating in search mode.

I misunderstood. I was thinking the op was talking about the MI -6 pinpointer. My error
I don’t always use the pinpoint mode just because that 9 inch coil does such a great job of locating in search mode.
You would probably use it more if you hunted in the surf

So this morning I went out to a small park and really paid attention to how the pinpoint mode was doing. As I stated earlier the 9 inch coil does so well in search mode pinpointing the target that I don’t always use the pinpoint mode.
Anyway this morning I used it on every target and seems to be working fine for me. Couple dimes at 7-8 inches it pinpointed just fine.
I do have the .71 update.

I rarely use Pinpointing with my 11 coil on the D2
just swinging over the target gets me real close.
I air tested the pinpoint on a picnic table yesterday just to see.
Using a quarter, a nickel, pure copper cent and a clad dime I got up to 8"
Depending how mineralized your soil is you can discount these numbers accordingly.
If you are only getting 3" check the mineralization of your soil as opposed to targets in clean beach sand.
That is a test you can easily perform