Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No great find, but doing it’s job

Brianl1620

Out shooting coins with my XP ORX. No great finds, but the ORX is doing it’s job in Coin Fast mode. Finds range from 1”-8” deep so far.

Attachments

• BFA66B1A-C166-4792-9A46-2B41D97FC1ED.jpeg
    BFA66B1A-C166-4792-9A46-2B41D97FC1ED.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 123
--- and "doing its job" is exactly what I expect from my ORX and any other detector I like and keep in my Detector Outfit. I always hope to chance upon something old and desirable, but that's more up to me to make the best site selection and the the most efficient settings and coil choices. If the detector is not up to the type of task I grab it for, that's not the detector's fault.

I have a great set of detectors and coils, I guess I just need to work more on site selection.

Monte

If you are hunting in an area that has already been detected you might try to raise the reactivity to get targets that are near to trash. Dig all signals that are only one-way signals. I have had really high percentage of good targets. I tried lowering the Reactivity and got no targets.

Then go back over the area in the DEEP program.

That's an amazing pile of coins. If there were something old out there you definitely would have hit it! I hit a site a couple of days ago that I use to test new machines. It's been pounded to death by me and likely everyone else. Took the ORX out on ground I've covered and pulled out a Kennedy half at 7 inches! I'm impressed. Also love that I can change everything out with my Deus. A solid fun machine! Best of luck on your next hunt!