Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

no parts from minelab:ranting:

bsa70

Called minelab today. Wanted replacement pots but they would not sell them. Sending them the detector is mandatory.. Is this how they operated when they were at kelly co. I thought you could get parts. To replace all pots will be about $120 labor, $30 for parts, and shipping to and from. So it will be close to $200. Guess that is not too bad.

Does that sound about like it was at kelly co?

Yes and they never sold parts. They'll probably replace your O-rings and pressure test it. It might be the time to get some mods if you want them and if they do it?

Pinpoint, headphones, coil. There really is no discount for getting them done all at once, at least not at kellyco.

ROBO...... my understanding is they arent doing mods yet. If you are getting both pods........ just the AA pod is like $90, so new O rings, pressure testing, pods, and warranty..... may well be worth the money...... not to mention piece of mind with it all being on them. They do go over it pretty well..... so if they see something you know.

Dew

A little information : Kellyco received my Excalibur 800 on June 15 ,2017 and never got around to repair it even after Minelab America sent them a 10 inch Coil.

Minelab America requested them to send my Excalibur to the Detector Center here in October ,2017 Yesterday I got in Back ( October 18, 2017 )

Its Got a New Excalibur ( 2 ) 10 inch Coil, New Head Phones and New O-rings

goldnugget,North Carolina

That's interesting. I drove in my old excal on June 10th and after 13 weeks I went over and picked it up. It was kind of a goat rope putting it together. It was about 2 weeks after Stu Auerbach passed and the atmosphere in the store was just different. Mine might be the last one that they worked on?

I'm babying them from now on.

Why??? If ML is doing a faster and better job at repairs it will play out that away. Nows the best time to have a machine repaired IMO...... why, because they want to do turn this all around.

All you have to do is search the part number stamped on the pot online. Can find every part they used to build it through google those same pots where used on other electrical equipment worldwide.

SlingingCoils said:
All you have to do is search the part number stamped on the pot online. Can find every part they used to build it through google those same pots where used on other electrical equipment worldwide.

You find these, you will be loved world wide.

Yes, Very hard to find. I did have a friend find similar but it needs a few mods to get it to work.