Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Noise Cancel

Hi...

what's the correct way to noise cancel? 12" off of the ground, on the ground, or at let's say hip level with the coil vertical or horizontal

Yeah i read that thread. There seems to mixed opinions on how to noise cancel the ctx.

Manual says 12" off the ground, a well known book says noise cancel on the ground... also heard of people noise canceling at hip level with the coil vertical and or horizontal..

Just trying to figure out what the actual right way is to noise cancel the ctx??

Not sure if there is a right way?
I mostly relic hunt and some coin around houses and have always NC on the ground.
I will say that when I’m detecting I NC frequently.
I’ll bee experimenting when warm weather arrives and see If I can tell any differance from the different methods.
I’ll be watching and see what else is said
BT

Yeah I will be testing out the methods as well.. I'm new to the ctx so i will be watching what people have to say about noise canceling... there's a ton of different opinions on the matter... so far I've been just noise canceling on the ground...

I wonder if there's a difference on vdi numbers when noise canceling is done different ways?

FWIW,if anything...I’ll normally NC with the coil a foot off the ground per the manual. IF I’m running into interference from underground utilities(and if I know for sure that’s the source) I’ll NC with the coil on the ground. When in the city or around many houses,I’ll NC if I notice ANY erratic behavior at all. Sometimes it’s not enough,and the price you must pay to hunt a highly EMI stricken site is turning the sensitivity down some. But that should be the LAST resort.

For the first year I did NC about an inch off of the ground (city detecting or country detecting didn't matter which), and for the second year I've done it at the suggested 12" off of the ground. Too be perfectly honest I don't think I've seen much (if any) of a difference.

I will say that in spots with a lot of EMI noise (above ground not underground), I did find the machine to be more stable when I NC'd at the 12" mark.

That's using the stock coil, so bigger coils or Coiltek could react differently?