Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not a bad day of detecting, we were on the silver!

hotrod53

It was 37 when we started out today..... lots of layers and a chemical hand warmer in each glove.... off we went!

We hit this park last week and between two of us we took 102 coins. Notable finds last week was limited to a Sakajewea dollar coin. This week we hit the same park but we moved to a new section. Notables today was a walking liberty half (mom's find) a barber dime, a seated quarter, and a 14k pendant. Add to that 50 more coins between the two of us,

Not giving up yet, this place has more to give, I'm sure if it!

Nice!
No doubt there is more to find with big silver like that still in the ground.
Good luck. I look forward to seeing your future finds from this spot.
Bryan

Not a bad day indeed! I'd say you're killing it at your park, congrats.

Hey Hotrod,

Great finds for sure.

You go to the parks in my town and all you see is 106 plugs lol. Well done finding a park that hasn't been pounded to death.
D.V.

DV, it's like that in places around here too. This place is 20 miles from home and a direction we don't always go, and I did that on purpose. The idea was to head into a rural area where detectorists should be scarce.

When we got there, there were 2 huge trees in the middle of the park and the park is surrounded by late 1800 homes with stone foundations. My site sense told me that there may have been a home there at one point. I think the quarter and barber that I took from there proves it. There is always a very large open area with suspicious looking trees close to the road, we haven't even ventured there yet. Where we hit so far is much more isolated this time of year, we'll have to hit this next area before nice weather hits. I like to park hunt on crappy days to keep the onlookers to a minimum. Just having bought the Etrac, park hunting is exactly what I need to be doing as I retrain from the Xterra.

Hey Hotrod,

Good luck I can't wait to see what else this park brings, My gut feeling is you and your wife will do really well there.

D.V.

DV, my wife ...yeh...lol. I haven't been on the Etrac site very long so I guess and explanation is in order. My wife would rather have a tooth pulled than pick up a detector, I don't think she gets the idea, although she takes first dibs on any gold or silver I've found...lol. She's wearing a gold ring with 13 diamonds that I pulled out of the dirt.

Typically I hunt with my brother Mapper65, and/or my mom. My mom is the biggest detecting finnatic I've ever seen, she would go out every day with her Xterra if she could. Detecting has become a family affair for quite a few years. My brother and I are/were regulars on the Xterra site having posted there for about 5 years. My Brother in law, we had to show him that detecting is more fun than deer hunting...lol..he has an Etrac too and has been tutoring us. My brother and I were set on proving that we could find as much with our Xterras as he could with his Etrac. Fact is, the Etrac is finding stuff a lot deeper, and we're still learning. He's out of state but we do at least one hunt together every year on Thanksgiving weekend.

Me personally, I got my first detector in 1972 when I was 12, now at 57 years of age, I've been at this for about 44 years. I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with the regulars as I did on the Xterra side. I still post there on occasion just to keep up with those I've come to know there too.

H.R.
I started a few years later with a compass coin hustler that I got for Christmas in 1975. What a tuff x-mas gift to get I had to wait 3 months before I could use it.

Life took me away from it till about 5 years ago.

I ended up buying a compass judge 6 off e-bay for 65.00 shipped. I then went out to a local ball field and that summer found 7 gold rings a very good investment for sure.

From there I was hooked again and I haven't looked back.
I live here in Michigan where about are you from.

D.V.

DV, I'm just south of Pittsburgh Pa. I've owned a few over the years. I started with a Jetco Coinmaster, a Jetco Huntmater, Tesoro Cutlass II, Whites 3000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Minelab Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Minelab Etrac, and another cheapie that was my father in laws.

I bought my first Jetco for $69 with my grass cutting money when I was 12, I found that gold ring with 13 diamonds. Needless to say I was bitten. We've always had detectors in the family since the 1970's. Whites, Heath Kit, Jetco, and probably some im forgetting.