Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not Eating Crow Yet, But I Might Have Too:surprised:

Trashfinder

Ok I have a few feathers in my mouth, although i am not quite chomping the whole bird yet. Got the 800 today at noon, charged till 4 , crash course till 5, pulled out the Impact with 5 inch coil and found a target in my yard that squeaks out a 71 id that is right next to iron. Put it down grabbed the 800 and swept the spot and dang if i did not get a solid tone, both directions and solid ID of 13. Pretty sure it is a penny but damn i sure did not think i would get anything with that big coil. I hurried to town to hit a house i have hunted at least 4 times. I started finding things right away, i have found no silver yet but the clad i missed is a lot. I did found a cool token and something i do not know what is and about 5 wheats so far. No silver yet, but i only hunted about an hour. I am going back tomorrow and will post the finds , but i can tell you from just 1 hour that it is going to be substantial in what i left behind on previous trips there. Nothing deep yet only in the 4 to 6 in range. I was running park 2 with the reactivity at 6. Going to have to experiment and see if i am losing depth , i might have to lower it. It is like a Deus and Safari rolled into one machine. Only you don't have to search as slow as Fbs. So far i am impressed. There i said it!

It's the I.Q. technology Doug and it does it so easy. 6 recovery (not reactivity) will hit targets pretty darn deep but you need to experiment in your environment because it relates to how "busy" your site is.
Laplander

laplander said:
It's the I.Q. technology Doug and it does it so easy. 6 recovery (not reactivity) will hit targets pretty darn deep but you need to experiment in your environment because it relates to how "busy" your site is.
Laplander

It is extremely busy, just a constant barrage of tone. I cannot even imagine how good this thing will be with a small coil in iron!

Try field 2 especially if it's a carpet of iron. I found field 2 with 5 tone to work excellent in heavy iron.

Doug, good write up, thanks. Can't wait to see what else the site gives up. Don't forget the pics. I have a site in mind for the same thing. Two years ago I pounded it with an ATP. Last year went back with my E-trac and pulled nineteen more coins, 2 Mercs, a dated Buff, and my oldest IH included. My Eq8's on the way. Can't wait to give it a try. HH Mark

When we can see nothing but the feet sticking out of your mouth,then we will know it’s working well for you!:lol: Might wanna consider a glass of milk...

IDXMonster said:
When we can see nothing but the feet sticking out of your mouth,then we will know it’s working well for you!:lol: Might wanna consider a glass of milk...

LOL I will know more after today. I have another site that i have pounded the hardest, it is very small around 12x20 with defined edges that i will also try it on. If i find stuff there , i am gonna need a half gallon of milk!!

Poor crow.:blink:...: I fear his days are numbered.... Oh well, never really liked those darned things anyways. Good luck on your second hunt!

modify the tones and volumes to fit the targets you are looking for. It sure cuts down on the noise from EVERY target there. I am impressed with it but I have yet to see a real deep target. They just may have not been there.

Good data, at the risk of giving offense however, please consider breaking those 20-+ words up with a “return” now and then. Paragraphs make for easier reading and understanding.

Again, thanks for the detailed information.

Yes, the small coil is awesome!!! Deep and gives great ID in really bad soil.

Tom

PS Sure, I know there is no such thing yet, but I've read so many posts from people that never saw the unit but act like they have I wanted to do it too. Its really fun, like a run on sentence.
No offence, I just had that building up for months. Nothing in this thread deserves this. I am a total fanboy of Rick and Clive. The contagious psychosis just finally won out. I've been home bound for a week and need to go hunt and dig something! Maybe if my 'nox would ship???

pasttom said:
Yes, the small coil is awesome!!! Deep and gives great ID in really bad soil.

Tom

PS Sure, I know there is no such thing yet, but I've read so many posts from people that never saw the unit but act like they have I wanted to do it too. Its really fun, like a run on sentence.
No offence, I just had that building up for months. Nothing in this thread deserves this. I am a total fanboy of Rick and Clive. The contagious psychosis just finally won out. I've been home bound for a week and need to go hunt and dig something! Maybe if my 'nox would ship???
Come on up, I just got notice mine will be here Wednesday thanks to Richard and BackwoodsDetectors. The ocean is kicking a$$ today(I can hear it from my front door) and tomorrow it is going to get bigger and there is sand a moving. I'll call ya when I'm ready to hit the beach.

Great news trashfinder. Now if I my equinox comes in. can sale all my obsolete detectors before my equinox comes in.

Yep sell them all and you can replace them with one detector that does it all cause the tot lots, school yards, football fields, farm plots, fresh water beach, salt water beach, and gold fields are now conquered by one machine that will do it all so no need to have anything else but there are some that will need to have more than one of them so that is why the rest of us must wait for so long to get ours from the dealers that have back orders and no idea when they will be here.
There ... hows that for a run on.

6 days later, how is the EQX working out so far?

I know my first day was frustrating trying to learn a new machine, but at 50 hours now I feel I'm getting a solid grip on it. If you get a hightone squeek, investigate it. If you can get it as a solidly repeatable beep with a "minelab wiggle" then dig. It becomes impossible to use pinpoint mode is heavy trash, especially shallow aluminum trash.

mtwolf2270 said:
Try field 2 especially if it's a carpet of iron. I found field 2 with 5 tone to work excellent in heavy iron.

Last night I found a piece of iron in my farm yard, which isn't hard to do since iron nails and trash is EVERYWHERE!
I buried a Lincoln about 8 inches next to it and partially under without disturbing the iron.
Field 1 wouldn't hit it.
Field 2 hit is great.

I will have to try different settings of Iron Bias next. :beers:

Jason in Enid said:
6 days later, how is the EQX working out so far?

I know my first day was frustrating trying to learn a new machine, but at 50 hours now I feel I'm getting a solid grip on it. If you get a hightone squeek, investigate it. If you can get it as a solidly repeatable beep with a "minelab wiggle" then dig. It becomes impossible to use pinpoint mode is heavy trash, especially shallow aluminum trash.

I hear you on the heavy trash stuff and also on coin spills! I was getting a barrage of 18 to 32 signals, so I passed on it as I was unable to isolate anything except the 18-22 signals so I figured it was a few memorials. Wrong, 8 quarters, 9 dimes, 27 pennies and 4 nickels! It was a spill about a foot in diameter, and I could not get the toe of the coil on something worth digging.

Oh well, maybe next time or when they decide to ship small coils. I am at 39 silvers and about 1500 coins with it and really NEED that small coil! Demo hunting is tough without it!