Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not many come out this nice!!

Wow! Very very nice!

WOW! Nice is an understatement. I'd have that one slabbed if it were mine. If that comes in at 50 or higher, you'll be walking right past that $1000.00+ neighborhood. Nice recovery. HH Randy

Amazing detail......

Cliff

did you find it underneath the San Francisco mint? geesh. nice one

Yikes!

I'm turning green.

Nice! Nice! Nice!

Holy S - - t! Looks like it was minted yesterday. Beautiful coin to say the least. Congrats

Looks like that one fell out of the pocket of master die cutter! Super nice find!! Congrats.

To think people say it is impossible to dig out such quality specimens. The "impossible" is obviously real and can be done. You and I both are witnesses to that. :cool:

We would like to hear the details about the recovery. There isn't even any scratches from frost movement!

Nice, nice coin!

May I ask how you cleaned the coin? I read too many various things to get a reasonable understanding of what should be done.

Wow, that is some nice seated dime, congratulations! The first seated quarter that I ever found (1855 <-> at date) was like that! Sent if off and had it graded ( Au58 ) and slabbed! I would definitely have that one graded/slabbed!

This is one of the reasons why I cringe every time I see these guys on video rubbing their coin finds to remove the dirt/see what they are when they retrieve them. You just never know what kind/grade the coin is, and rubbing a coin (even a little) can reduce the grade several points and sometimes hundreds/thousands of $$$ by putting microscopic grit scratches on it or even destroy a prized/rare collectible coin. I have a friend who did this with a rare 1916 SL Quarter that must have been dropped within a few days after going into circulation. For this reason I carry a small squirt bottle of water with me and if I just can't wait to get home and carefully remove the dirt I use the squirt bottle in the field. I also carefully wrap my coins in soft tissue paper to prevent damage.

Congratulations again on a great find!