Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox-600 or Nox-800..? What's Better..??

fastdraw

I spent a lot of time researching the difference between the 600 and 800. Models. As far as I'm concerned.... The Nox-600 will do everything the Nox-800 will do... And for hundreds of dollars less money...!! I guess the Nox-800 could find a small nugget of gold a little better...! or maybe a small gold earring stud.

BUT LET'S GET REAL..!!

I haven't seen the Nox-800 coming up with vast amounts of treasure more than the Nox-600. The difference between 3 & 5 frequencies and the few extra settings the Nox-800 offers, has shown me almost no difference IN THE RESULTS POSTED ON LINE..?

A good Nox-600 operator can do the same work as the Nox-800. So if your pondering the difference for several of hundreds.... Don't be afraid too spend less money. I doubt Minelab will even begin to question this post..!

A Happy Equinox-600 owner..😊

I have the 800 and besides it costing more, more frequencies and being able to adjust some settings I don't see much difference either. I went with the 800 solely due to the fact a lot of reviews and videos I watched were of the 800 and for a Minelab that looked like an all around great detector that is easier to handle than the E-Trac and less money than other Minelabs I went for it. I did majorly upgrade to the 800 as it is my first Minelab and I can easily see why so many guys swing them now. You can really tell between parks and schools that have been hit with Minelabs vs. regular old detectors. Overall yes I agree the 600 can stand up to the 800 as they both go the same depth since they are set up the same it just comes down to being able to adjust settings and spending a few more hundred dollars. I will say though I have gone over about 75% of my old spots with the 800 and just this year from hitting my old spots I have pulled almost 25 silvers from places I have already pulled silvers and other multitude of coins from. Couldn't be happier with my decision to go with the 800 as I easily have about 300 hours on it since this spring but both the 600 and the 800 are great overall detectors.

The two Gold modes have several features that make them great for gold prospecting like VCO proportional single tone audio, the ability to internally adjust for high mineralization and hot rocks beyond just ground balancing because of the use of simultaneous multi frequencies and then they has several features that together are not available on any other VLF gold prospecting detector that I know of like full single segment discrimination and notching, recovery speed adjustment, iron bias adjustments, big numerical target VDIs, independent threshold volume and pitch adjustments, VCO pitch adjustments, noise cancelling, and the ability to switch easily to Park 2 or Field 2 for checking targets by using the User Profile. Some gold specific detectors have one or two of these features but no other one has them all. This may not sound like a lot, but for a serious gold prospector they are incredible when compared to say a Gold Monster 1000, the Whites GMT or even the newer GM24K or the Gold Bug II. So, any serious gold prospector that knows about the Nox 800s features and abilities can‘t wait to use them. I and others that I know have found plenty of gold nuggets with the 800. It is also proven to be the last stand for a VLF in really bad ground. If the Nox 800 can’t handle the hot rocks/mineralization its time for a pulse induction detector. And Minelab added the Gold Modes almost as an afterthought!!!!

The Gold modes will also double as a great relic detector.

So, apart from the other added features that you get with the 800, the Gold modes for me are worth every penny. I have found way over the difference in price in gold nuggets and enough to by 4 800s in gold jewelry just this year. Not saying I couldn’t have found the same gold jewelry with a 600 but I am constantly using the User Profile and have the ability to adjust 5 tone operation to exactly suit my needs both in different volume levels for each tone, different pitches, different tone breaks and I have the ability to change the 800 into a 3 tone or 4 tone detector if I want too.

I owned a 600 for two years. It was fantastic and changed my detecting results incredibly. In 2 or 50 tones with the same coil, the 600 and 800 are the same detector. In heavy aluminum trash however, when I am specifically looking for gold jewelry, being able to use all of the audio options of the 800 help me immensely.

It’s peace of mind for me, with my 800 I know I’m hitting everything possible , if I had the 600 I think I would get the ‘ wonder if I’m missing anything ‘ thing .

but I’m sure in reality the performance in multi is the same.....

.....maybe

I have both. Set up the same, both of course perform identically. The 800 offers the ability to do the extra tweaking that some like to do, and offers the gold modes of course. But I don't think you can go wrong with either, unless you really like to tinker, or you are a small nugget hunter...

Steve

I have both. Set up the same, both of course perform identically. The 800 offers the ability to do the extra tweaking that some like to do, and offers the gold modes of course. But I don't think you can go wrong with either, unless you really like to tinker, or you are a small nugget hunter...

Steve
My view exactly. I also have both machines.

Nope, Beach and water hunting only then the 600 is fine. Adjustability is very handy in all other ground conditions.

The 600 was only a twinkle in minelab eye when I bought the 800, otherwise I would have spent less and bought the 600.Next month will be 3 years.