Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox 600

Nittany Digger

Hello all, I'm in central Pa & new to metal detecting. A friend of mine who's been detecting for several years recommended the Equinox 600 so I ordered one and it arrived today along with a 6" coil :)
I can't wait to start swinging but wanted to ask the group a few questions...
#1) Can anyone recommend any tutorial videos on the basics of using this machine?
2) I also bought Power-Nox power pack to conserve battery life but can't figure out how to use it. I know how to physically attach it to the detector but how do I "wire it in" so the detector uses it rather than the built-in battery?
I look forward to learning through this forum and hopefully someday I'll have some interesting finds to share.
Thank you all in advance, happy hunting :)

I purchased the Equinox-600 two years ago. With ZERO experance just like you..! YouTube videos can help.... But this forum can help WAY more than any video. I'm still a novice compared to others on this forum. Here's my advice.
1. Download the manual
2. Read it three times
3. Start Swinging..!!
4. Post on this Forum ALL your great and worthless finds. Post Everything.

You will receive a ton of great advice from semi-amateurs like me... Too advice from seasoned treasure Hunters

Just remember one thing...! It's just a hobby.... And never expect to get rich, and you'll love the hobby.

Thanks, fastdraw! Until I read your comment I didn't even realize the manual was available online.
I've downloaded it and will be reading it tonight.
And I agree with you about the usefulness of forums. Over the years I've joined several dedicated to other interests and they have been invaluable.
I look forward to the advice and stories from other members, like yourself and eventually sharing some of my own.
Thank you!

Come next year I'll have been with this grand hobby 50 years and the Nox 600 I purchased earlier this past summer is the first Minelab I have ever owned. To state I was a bit intimidated by it would be a huge understatement. Learning the size of the manual was alone enough for me to consider selling the 600 before I even un-boxed it. Now, of course, I am glad I didn't.

Was and is there a learning curve? Sure! Rather then try and digest everything in the manual, however, even if I could, I simply started out by using the quick and small "getting started guide" included in the box. In my case I selected park 1 and a sensitivity setting of 20 and went at it. Gee, that was simple enough....and I was even finding some coins.

The point of all this blabber is, don't let the device and manual size intiminate you. if you never did another thing but what I did, you would find plenty of treasure. Once I got comfortable with what everything did, then I began to play with what all the Nox can actually do. Good luck and have fun. HH jim tn

Thanks, fastdraw! Until I read your comment I didn't even realize the manual was available online.
I've downloaded it and will be reading it tonight.
And I agree with you about the usefulness of forums. Over the years I've joined several dedicated to other interests and they have been invaluable.
I look forward to the advice and stories from other members, like yourself and eventually sharing some of my own.
Thank you!
Welcome to the Club
Come next year I'll have been with this grand hobby 50 years and the Nox 600 I purchased earlier this past summer is the first Minelab I have ever owned. To state I was a bit intimidated by it would be a huge understatement. Learning the size of the manual was alone enough for me to consider selling the 600 before I even un-boxed it. Now, of course, I am glad I didn't.

Was and is there a learning curve? Sure! Rather then try and digest everything in the manual, however, even if I could, I simply started out by using the quick and small "getting started guide" included in the box. In my case I selected park 1 and a sensitivity setting of 20 and went at it. Gee, that was simple enough....and I was even finding some coins.

The point of all this blabber is, don't let the device and manual size intiminate you. if you never did another thing but what I did, you would find plenty of treasure. Once I got comfortable with what everything did, then I began to play with what all the Nox can actually do. Good luck and have fun. HH jim tn
Wow.... Jim Tm. You have 50 YEARS Experience..!! I have not seen allot of post from you on THIS Forum. Maybe you can teach some of us something..?

Wow.... Jim Tm. You have 50 YEARS Experience..!! I have not seen allot of post from you on THIS Forum. Maybe you can teach some of us something..?
fastdraw, I posted quite a bit for a good number of years after I retired in 2006. Hunted with a F 75 during that era and still have one, in fact, and it is still finding stuff. John(mudpuppy) and I used to badger back and fourth a good bit. He was a funny dude, but his sense of humor got him in hot water with administers quite often. Wouldn't be a good teacher as I am still learning, myself. HH jim tn

fastdraw, I posted quite a bit for a good number of years after I retired in 2006. Hunted with a F 75 during that era and still have one, in fact, and it is still finding stuff. John(mudpuppy) and I used to badger back and fourth a good bit. He was a funny dude, but his sense of humor got him in hot water with administers quite often. Wouldn't be a good teacher as I am still learning, myself. HH jim tn
I get it.

50 years treasure hunting with a detector, and your still learning..? Your a humble man, and I mean that in a positive sense. I take my hat off to you.
Happy Hunting.

Ha, you could of bought the 800 and really been intimidated. Going form the rather simple AT Pro to the 800 was a trip. But here is the big hint. just pick out the mode closest to the type of site you are hunting, noise cancel and ground balance or just use ground balance 0 and start hunting. The machine is designed to work quite well in the standard modes. Put in 50-100 hours in standard modes, learn your sounds and TID's and after that maybe play with some custom settings.