Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nox 800 dedicated gold nugget search coil

Grumpie

When will we see a nugget hunting coil for the nox800?? It has a gold mode but no dedicated coil. Anything coming in the future?

Don't we have 3 pretty good ones already? There a dedicated mode for that, why a coil too? Minelab has a Gold Monster if that's what you 're after. Am I wrong? The 'Nox is an superior multi use unit- Jack of all trades, master of darn near all of them! IMHO

The Equinox 800 definitely deserves a dedicated solid elliptical for nugget hunting.
A roughly 10”x6” Coil is one of my favorite designs for both nugget and curb strip hunting.

Put me on the list!

Bryan

The 6 inch coil is great for gold nuggets , that is what I use. I have all 3 coils and it seems each has a niche of it's own.
A gold machine for just gold would be the Gold Monster...my opinion.

Tom...... im not sure i agree. We have these modes for field and gold. Ive done both types of hunting and can tell you one coil dont fit every situation. Buying another machine..... why if this one does a good job and im ok that it might not be the BEST choice but just dont want to spend the money. Those solid coils that dont collect dirt and allow the machine to skid over stones and are narrow to get into spaces yets...... long enough for greater coverage IMO are needed. For beach hunting ..... i thing the 6" coil is just to small to work with.... one larger to compliment the the 11 with better sensitivity close to the 6" would be a good add. Ive been out west gold hunting and thats a vast open area you have to cover with a 6" coil..... or a bigger coil that just catches everything. Is there a right tool for the job yes.... but as you mentioned second best is pretty good when you consider.... that machine becomes second best in other situations. Machines are improving ..... but the two things that gave us a jump was better headphones ..... and coils.

Hey Dew! I am probably not the best person to answer here. I currently have a 705 with the gold coil, a Gold Bug Pro with coils a Makro Racer Gold and a TDI sl with coils AND I have yet to go raw gold hunting. Considering the work it took to get the other two coils for the 800 (15 due in today!) I am realizing I am a bit jaded on the prospect of a another coil for my 800 and I sure don't feel the need for a gold coil. Reading your post caused me to rethink and see my bias. If you all think we need it then go ahead and lobby for one. I won't fight you on it.

Tom I think the Nox has made a good many of us rethink the need for more detectors. I believe this version of the Nox is the start of a platform. Also the coils could be better tuned as could the program for each of the modes.

I'm with Dew on this one 6x10 or 8" round would be a big bonus for us folks who like to chase the yella,the 6" is a nice little coil but if your on a gold field it is far to small,good for getting between rocks not for general detecting :detecting: Bazz :ausflag:

Ive did a bit of gold hunting out west during the winters. Locating gold was the first chore.......but i didnt find it starting with a 6" coil. For me a 9" is just a pretty good all around coil..... great sensitivity with enough coverage and little depth.

I like the idea of a dedicated solid coil for gold but when I nugget hunt it is with a dedicated gold machine.
This was found in Arizona with a stock 11 inch coil on a Minelab 3500. The big nugget was 15+ troy oz.
All found in one virgin patch. Lots more from the same patch since but nothing bigger...… yet

^^where’s the ‘like’ button!? Maybe one day I’ll swing my SDC over gold that good! Meanwhile a 6” coil will work on the Eqx as has been shown in Bill Southern’s videos. Still not as good as a gold monster, but very capable.