Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox acting real erratic

Grunter

My Nox is making all kinds of tones running in Beach 2 on wet sand. Its like it can't lock on a signal.I've tried everything and it won't quiet down or lock on to signals.Any ideas on what is going on?

I can't say without more info.

1st, only in Beach 2?

Did you re-program the unit recently?

Maybe re-program again.

I did a factory reset but no help. I tried Beach 1&2 with no change.I tried every recovery speed no change.

I do not have an Equinox but over the years had 2 White's coils lose their null and made the detector act
extremely crazy. I mounted a different coil and it was fine. Good luck, sir.
HH okie

My Nox is making all kinds of tones running in Beach 2 on wet sand. Its like it can't lock on a signal.I've tried everything and it won't quiet down or lock on to signals.Any ideas on what is going on?
I'm assuming you have metal detected this beach before..?
1. Did you move a hundred yards away, and then try your detector...?
2. There's lots of minerals that can accumulate on a beach.
3. Is it working fine now that you're at
home..?
If it's working perfectly now at home, then it might have been the geographical location. Strong concentrated pockets of minerals... unusually strong EMI..?
But if it's working now with no problems in your backyard... then that would be my best guess as to what the problem was. Or it could have been aliens focusing a "Disruptor Beam" on you, trying too scan your brain for information on the human race..!! 👽

I had a similar experience bout a month ago .. my 800 was rather chatty but got really crazy at a certain section of the beach,it was then that I looked up toward the boardwalk an noticed one of the remote antennas like the TV stations usefor remote broadcasting.. it ran better the further I got away from it... the same settings ran very smooth when I hit a beach a few miles away...

I had a similar experience bout a month ago .. my 800 was rather chatty but got really crazy at a certain section of the beach,it was then that I looked up toward the boardwalk an noticed one of the remote antennas like the TV stations usefor remote broadcasting.. it ran better the further I got away from it... the same settings ran very smooth when I hit a beach a few miles away...
Jenkinsons Point Pleasant Beach NJ same thing on 1/2/21

Thanks for all of the replies. I don't run a coil cover at the beach because of the accumulation of minerals in the sand.There is a lot of black sand on this beach.I tried holding my coil stationary and there was no sounds as soon as I started swing it became noisy all the way from the wet sand to the high tide line. I haven't tried it since I returned home. I will give it a dance tomorrow.

Have you tried switching to a single frequency ? Switch and do reset, noise cancel and lower your sensitivity. if none of that works check your coil for cracks since you are not using a search coil cover. Good Luck

Have you tried it any were but the beach to see if it works ok on land?

I do not have an Equinox but over the years had 2 White's coils lose their null and made the detector act
extremely crazy. I mounted a different coil and it was fine. Good luck, sir.
HH okie
I’m guessing you’re talking about the 11” coil with sand. Pop skid plate off and fill cavities with Silicone seal and you’re saying problem will be gone.
Next do not run your sensitivity any higher than 18 that should stop your noise problem

If you haven't yet, definitely remove the coil cover and clean out all the sand....that WILL cause the issue you describe.

Try aluminum foil over the control pod just to see if it quiets up. Read another guy say it does - might indicate a bad shield connection in the housing.